No announcement yet.

it isnt working! (kind of long again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it isnt working! (kind of long again!)

Hi guys, thanks to all of you who replied, I have checked the cookie thing in my user cp. I have checked the cookie monster on my computer, it is totally disabled. i do not know what else to do. I tried last week to get in here and didnt have the time to play the same old ring around the rosy. Tonight I took the time, but its sooooo irritating!! I NEVER log out when I leave the forum, so I do NOT know why I can't get back in. The thing gives me a new password number string every time.
    Mike, every weekend is so blessed busy, I dont know what to tell you. This weekend is the same. I really need to have you get over here and go through this computer for me, something is not right. But I am going to be gone, so maybe i just need to find out what weekends you are 'free' and put you on my calendar!! But our weather sure has gone downhill fast.
    On a lighter note, Denny and his brother stopped by the shop to rub my nose in the fact they were headed for Sid's to soak in his hot tub and drink his beer! WAAA! too bad I couldnt take a loooong lunch!!
    And i have an announcement. I am looking for employment elsewhere, so if anyone in the Greater Seattle Area hears of a motorcycle parts department opening-- let me know!!! THANKS ever so much! There is an opening at the other shop in town I am applying for also... but i will be working the classic Tuesday-Saturday if I get it..
    Thanks everyone, ride safe, the fog is thick these days!
    Carolyne

and a ps!!

Umm-- XJ content??!! I have been riding to work on the Xj for 2 weeks now since the odometer cable on my XV came undone again-- at the top this time, so I have to take the windshield off to fix it... I'd rather ride the XJ... just wish I had farther to go to work!!! maybe I need to go via Hurricane Ridge!!
    Carolyne

Comment

Re: it isnt working! (kind of long again!)

Originally posted by Carolyne
      I have checked the cookie thing in my user cp. I have checked the cookie monster on my computer, it is totally disabled.
      Hi Carolyne - I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are using Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click the Privacy tab and set the vertical slider to Medium. Then click the Advanced button and make sure the checkbox for Override automatic cookie handling is unchecked, click OK.

As an additional measure, still on the Privacy tab, in the lower section (Web Sites) click the Edit... button, type xs11.com/ in the Address box and click the Allow button, click OK all the way out.

Let me know whether or not that works.
      Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

aol bad

after six weeks of trying this is my first post. is there something in the faq section that tells you not to use aol brouser.I tryied explorer for the fist time today and wow got in. Anyway Hi everybody.
        1980 xs11/sg

Comment

I thought AOL used IE? At least they used to.......
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

all I know is fist time with Microsoft I.E. I got on.
            1980 xs11/sg

Comment

Re: Re: it isnt working! (kind of long again!)

Originally posted by Mike Hart
              Hi Carolyne - I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are using Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click the Privacy tab and set the vertical slider to Medium.
              .....Let me know whether or not that works.
              Hi, Mike, I have AT&T, it uses IE, but I have no privacy tab in the tools section. or anywhere else for that matter!! Now for the last 2 times I have been logged in automatically, but 2 times before that i wasn't.. am thinking it probably has something to do with where I enter the forum from. what link i click on to get here. i will pay closer attention next time. At any rate, i set my password to something i hope i can remember!
              thanks for the effort! Carolyne

Comment

Working...
              X