Way Cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Cool!

I am watching a movie on HBO called "Empire Falls", and it was shot in my home town area of Waterville, Winslow, and Skowhegan, Maine. I have recognized so many of the buildings and landmarks. I get back up there once or twice a year, but it's cool to see it on TV.

Funny... how the quality of life improves in communities after you've left them.
    (At least, I've always heard that said about me)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

And if you were to move to Montana from Washington, would the IQ of both states go up?

Comment

Twice

Yea, Felt that way on US Marshals...........Segment when the plane crashes in So. IL. ( Very So. IL.) Had lived there for few years, Brookport IL. Right on the Ohio river / IL.-KY. Border. And no I didn't live in a van! Clip in the movie is from IL side with Steel bridge in background. Made many trips across that thing, steel grate with big enough opening to drop a can through! That was a Pucker ride on the RD400! End to end is 1.5 miles.
        Second was the Gauntlet...........Wickinburg, AZ. Didn't live there but Grand parents did for many years during retirement. Visited many times. Pretty Cool to have Clint & Sandra come to town!!
        Just never in the right place at the right time! Sure I coulda been one of the XStras.
        "Elvira"
        '80 XS1100LG

Comment

Ah... Lakewood, Wa.(Pierce County)
          Nothing like seeing the next town over... everytime you watch "COPS".

Comment

Crawfish....Crayfish

I know what you mean about familiar things in movies. They film alot of movies here in New Orleans (currently called Hollywood South). But it is so funny, not one actor yet has gotten the dialect right. Just so everyone will know, we dont really say "cha" or "dawlin" or pronounce New Orleans like "Nawlins".

But it is "crawfish" not "crayfish" (yes, you must suck the heads and pinch the tails) and a median is really a neutral ground and the sidewalk is really a banket and a sub is a poboy (short for poor boy) and a County here is really a Parish.

So there ya go, cha!
            Mike Giroir
            79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Fire in the sky

Fire in the sky was filmed in southern Oregon, near where I lived until I was 18. You want to talk about creepy, The store where they find the guy at the end was across the street from my highschool. And it was always dark and rainy when I drove to school in the morning (shudder).
              Casey
              1980 xs1100g "Frankenstein" (Now with a mind of his own!)

"What do you mean I can't park this thing here?"
              "Shiny side up? I don't have a shiny side."

Comment

the 2nd feature of the new movie "Grindhouse" was filmed here in austin. several local restaurants/bars are featured prominently. kinda cool, actually.
                79 xs1100F
                75K and counting...
                76k...
                79k...
                80k...
                86k...

Comment

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, The whole movie was shot in my old high school stompin grounds. The bridge that they jumped, we used to jump off of. The general store that they stopped at is in Farmington, used to stop in there regularlly,
                  S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                  1-big XS patch
                  1-small XS/XJ patch
                  1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                  1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                  2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                  1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                  1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

At least your city doesn't keep getting mentioned in Lost...in not so flattering ways...
                    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

yes, you must suck the heads and pinch the tails)
                      Sounds like a fun filled week at Mardi Gras!

Comment

Working...
                      X