New place for my XS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New place for my XS.

No, wait a minute, new house. After being shot down in flames on a "used" house, we have chosen to go for brand new. Same price, less hassle, more house. Ploped down the bucks. Now we hafta chose carpet, paint, tile and accessories. Not a big problem. Renee can have what ever she wants. The garage is MINE. Ah, the smell and look of virgin concrete, unemcumbered by spilled oil and carb cleaner. Walls of pristine white paint ready to be decorated by scantliy clad women in "drink" posters and Malcom Smith and Kenny Roberts posters. H'mmmmm, cool, 7 empty positions in the main panel. One for the compressor, one for the welder and the rest for the mirard of outlets required for a "proper: garage. No washer/dryer to suck up space. It MINE, all MINE. On top of that, corner lot. At last, the other love in my life, 22ft of $$$ sucking fiberglass will have a proper home, where I can see, touch and feel anytime. (Its a guy thing Kat). Now, how do I blow up a XS emblem so I can paint it into my yet to be scarred garage floor?
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

22ft of $$$ sucking fiberglass

Hole in the water to dump money in?

corner lot

mro
    (latest one sitting in driveway waiting for carpet glue
    so I can finish the deck and casting platforms)

Comment

Nice that your new house has the room in the main panel for toys.
      My "old" house doesn't, but we adapted. No biggie... I just can't run the hot tub heater and the clothes dryer at the same time.
      (Boats should stay outside, as they're used to getting wet, but that's just an opinion.)
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Boats should stay outside

Water toys need loven too.

2 in a covered berth, one on hydra hoist other on davits (really disliked having to clean hull ever year and repaint ever couple)
        One in garage in the mountains along with two scooters, no VESPAs tho. Nice for it to be ready to use after winter snow starts to melt and can get to property.
        One in driveway is here in Bay Area with a cover(mostly to protect from sun) weather here not so destructive.

one XS in garage (had to make room) others inside shop. Proper place when not in "use".
        _________

virgin concrete
        Good opportunity to seal concrete or even do an epoxy coating.

mro

Comment

I would seal the concrete. There is nothing like spilling acid on your new floor eating it away to forever be marked. When we first moved in, there was a leaking bottle of muratic acid(hcl) sitting in the garage.
          United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
          If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
          "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
          "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
          Acta Non Verba

Comment

I also had a jug of muriatic acid sitting in the garage when I moved in. Months later wondered why all the yard tools and many other things were newly rusty, as well as aluminum boat hull looking kinda funky. Turns out it was all due to fumes from that container!
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

A new web for Spiderman!

Very cool! A place for everything and everything in its place... eventually...

Hey! I happen to know a Texas artist who could paint that emblem for you for a nominal fee...

As for that whole "guy thing"... there is only one thing that is a "guy thing"... and other than that...
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Congrats!
                Hey, if you really want a blow up of the logo, copy it on to overhead transparency, project it onto a sheet of newsprint and use that to trace on the floor. Or tape the transparency on the overhead and hang it so it shines on the floor!

Another thing. If you use pneumatic tools, hard-plumb your space with black iron pipe and quick release valves so you can just hook up your tools where you want without having to move your compressor. My shop had this when I moved in. I don't use the pneumatics and the PO took the compressor, but everybody who sees it says, Wow, I wish my garage was set up like this!"
                JimBoReeno
                My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                2000 Indian Chief
                Millennium Edition

Comment

And run your lines....

so that the farthes from the tank is the highest so all the water runs back to the tank so you can easily drain it and all fittings should come off of the top of that main line so none of the water gets in the hose to your air tools. 80 to 90% of industry is having water/air problems because they didn't know what they were doing when they moved in and now it's too complicated to change it. Easy to do it right the first time.
                  You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                  Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                  Drilled airbox
                  Tkat fork brace
                  Hardly mufflers
                  late model carbs
                  Newer style fuses
                  Oil pressure guage
                  Custom security system
                  Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Congrats on the new garage, WC. The house is probably OK, too. What part of town did you buy in?

Patrick
                    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
                    1969 Yamaha DT1B
                    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Working...
                    X