Excessive brotherhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive brotherhood

I recently posted my concerns about my CV joint boot giving up the ghost after 22 years. Looked like a major job. You guys bailed me out and turned it into a simple, inexpensive job. Thanks!! A little history on my XS. Had a new Laverda 1000 Jota in 1978. Due to a glitch in the electrical system, bike was going to be laid up waiting for parts (what a surprise), anyway, the dealer said pick out one of the used bikes to ride till mine was fixed. The biggest bike he had was a Red XS1100 standard. I noticed it was a shafty and figured it may be ok for awhile (shafts were not known for there speed). I took it out, dialed in in for a couple of miles and then proceeded to hammer it. I was hooked!! Rode for about three weeks, got my Jota back and had to return the XS. I told myself I had to get one of those, smooth, fast, handled ok, good brakes. 12 years ago I saw an ad for a full dress 80g. $1800, ingnored ad for a few weeks and decided to call and see if it was still there. Yes, went to check it out, 1980 w/full factory tour package, 8200 miles, had sat in his garage for SIX years. He dropped $800 to get to run so he could sell it. Its been mine ever since. Recently procured a 78 strippo model, it will emerge from the garage a crotch rocket killer. Now where do I put my FJR1300?
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Ha Ha Ha ... Just park it right beside the XS ....
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Working...
    X