Aussie XSives???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie XSives???

Gidday. Is there any way of getting a current listing of Australian - based XS-XJ owners to help (hopefully) to make it a bit easier to source parts etc??? The bikes are getting pretty scarce here now and trying to find bits in good nick is getting very difficult. The wreckers here also know that these bikes are getting rarer and are charging accordingly for decent parts. If we had a list of owners in the area, we'd probably stand a pretty good chance of finding someone who's got that elusive part and is willing to sell it at a reasonable price. At the moment, I'm negotiating on a '78E as a parts bike but upon seeing it, I'm also thinking of a restoration as it's in good shape, though in bits. Any help would be most welcome.
    Eveready 1100
    Brisbane
    QLD.
    79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
    Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
    *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
    *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Yes they are getting rarer and rarer arn't they 2 weeks ago a bloke in abbotsford at vic motorcycle wreckers had an unregistered one that was running with a heap of spares including diff and motor he wanted $1500 but would take $1200 but he wont break it up all or nothing [mongrel] Its tempting for me but these just dont wear out it would be like owning 2 identical anvils I donnt have the number but its in Thompson st. Abbotsford. try directory assistance

Comment

Morning Gents,
      I have a number of XSE parts waiting to be sold off to those requiring the need. I can send you a list if you email me directly.

I am in the Sydney area.

Couple other guys I know of are

Shane Thomas, Rockhampton, Qld, 81RH
      Wayne Baynham, Canberra, ACT, 81RH
      Jim Garvey, Sydney, NSW, 81RH
      Cristian Smith, Townsville, Qld,
      Geoffery Swain, NSW
      Rob an Rosa, Windsor, NSW. 78E

Perhaps someone can keep this list floating around somewhere and slowly start updating it.

Phill

Comment

add my name

mark blythe yarraville melbourne victoria
        81 H model [not RH]

Comment

Working...
        X