have I said latly how I love my XS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have I said latly how I love my XS?

one of my brothers freinds just got his buell cyclone running again after an expensive, but not too painful, get-off. It now has a forcewinder intake (basically a big K&N style filterclamped onto the carb) and a vance and hines exauhst.

we went out for a little test ride from his house to ours to get a GREAT turkey dinner with all the fixins--getting to the point--

Coming out of a little town along our way the speed limit goes from 30 to 55mph. He was in the lead and I think we both knew that "it was on" because we downshifted about 100' before the speed limit sign. The three of us must have made quite the racket boppin along at 30 mph in first or second gear .

So, as predicted, we go "WFO" it as soon as we get to the sign, and HE ATE YAMAHA DUST!!! i started about a length behind him, and was about even with him within what seemed like a second or two, then I continued to pull handily away from him untill i let off and let him catch up

I had a ear to ear grin the rest of the way home...

last season, before i got my XS, a guy in our group had a new 600 ninja. the buell could outrun the ninja untill aerodynamics took over about 100 mph (tested on a closed course, of course ) so in theory-i couldve outran the ninja too

Have i mentioned i love my xs?
    79ish suzuki rm250
    82 honda cb450sc
    78 honda cx500
    72 honda cb175
    78 yamaha xs11e

Good one Procamper.
    I'm with you, everytime i think about selling the ole XS and getting something new, I go for a ride and realize. This bike is just so great!!! Why ruin a good thing.

I, too, love my XS.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Working...
    X