Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member; 1979 Standard

Greetings all!

I introduced myself yesterday and posted a couple pictures of my tank. I got the bike all together today and wanted to post a couple more.

I am Derek Bennett from Franklin, IL. I personally think I stole this bike from a friend of mine who didn't appreciate what he had. He of course thinks he liberated some space removing junk from his garage.

Click on the thumbs for full size pic.

The taillight cover is off in this pic because I was changing out the bulbs and got distracted.

The only real changes I've made since I got her awhile back, other than ripping her apart for some cleaning and polishing, was the black paint on the fenders, side covers, and flames/black on the tank. I threw on some bars that felt better to me and I changed out the electric start switchbox.

The Jardine 4 in 1 was on it when I saved her. I cleaned that up real good, tore it apart and threw on black header paint.

Here's a closeup of the tank that I posted in the other thread.

Last edited by dlbennett; 04-01-2007, 08:54 PM.
    1979 XS1100 F

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." --John Wayne as John Bernard Books

I like..

how much did the tank pant job co$t yah?

Comment

Would you believe it didn't cost me a dime? I have a really close friend whose dad taught vocational for years and years. He shot the paint for me. It's basic black, red, yellow, and orange with gold metal flake.
      1979 XS1100 F

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." --John Wayne as John Bernard Books

Comment

I was gonna ask the same thing. Nice tank.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
        X