new peoples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new peoples

Is it me or does it seem that there are a lot of legitimate new members joining up? Anyone notice this too? I think that this is awesome. Maby I just didn't notice all the new people before. If you are new here, welcome to the board. Hey, I guess I am not the youngest active member any more. If anyone feels like introducing themselves, go ahead. This gets left out all the time. If I am typing this post for no reason because there are no new members, give me a nice big stomp on the big toe. And in case you were going to ask, I am wearing steel toed shoes. Pro, maby you can have a little fun with the posts in this thread. You can start with mine.
    Last edited by HobbyMan; 03-29-2007, 12:28 AM.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Hi! My name's Kat and I'm...

oops... you probably meant the new people...

and nope... no stomps on the toe... this is a slap upside the head kind of place...

(by the way... saw you were oogling that XS in Florida... put down the mouse and step away from the computer)
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Dats 'cause people are discovering the joys (and tears) of bringing one of these beasts back to life. Alot of them are found laying on the side of a garage and can be had cheap. Couple that with the current price of a new liter + bike and the insurance and they look even better. From my perspective, I like pulling up to a bike gathering with a 27 year old bike that dosen't look like all the other bikes. Most of the time, those in know still have respect for the ageing beast and know its place in motorcycle history.

4 carb kits= 180.00
      3sets of pads=96.00
      Parts scrounged off of e-bay=200.00
      Parts scrounged off of XS11.com=150.00
      # of hours breathing life back into one=countless
      # of hours spent reading XS11.com=countless
      Cool factor at a rally=priceless.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I also think a lot of people come here for the general info that applies to most in-line 4 cylinder bikes of the 70's/80's.
        That too is a good thing. Welcome one and all.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I got my 80' XS11 from a guy that had it sitting in his garage for 1k.He use to hoard bikes and now he is finally starting to sell some of and he offered it to as i was looking for a cheap bike.And it was in running condition with replacement of the clutch and needs carb holders/joints witch should hopefully be here by sat or mon .Should have the beast running by Tuesday i hope.
          I found this site sometime last year looking for parts and info,only now getting a chance to have a good look around.

Ride Safe
          Nate
          1980 XS1100g

Comment

Well Hello Dare Nate,
            Welcome to the awesome land of ownership!! With this site and a little know how your gonna love owning one of these machines. I love the "what the f--k is that" look I get everywhere I ride.(my bike has been modified quit a bit but it is still an 11 at heart)
            "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
            "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
            79 XS1100 modified standard
            Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
            pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
            straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
            new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
            Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
            Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
            owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

Comment

young guys go what the f, old guys grew up with the look, different look it is, lots of metal and chrome, heavy metal!
              "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Nate;

Where in PA are you? There are a few of us in the Stroudsburg / Bethlehem area.

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                  Nate;

Where in PA are you? There are a few of us in the Stroudsburg / Bethlehem area.

I'm in manheim about 20-30 minutes north of lancaster city.1 minute south of pa turnpike exit 266.
                  1980 XS1100g

Comment

welcome new

[COLOR=firebrick]just want to say hello, and to let the new guys know that every one on this sight is really helpfull. just got my running good .. searched for parts for a long while ended up back here several times to find them... thanks a lot and welcome once more!!!!!!!!
                    1982 xj1100j

Comment

I'm not really new, but I have been away for the winter!
                      Dropped my fenders off today to get powder coated, and will be pulling the wheels for some new skins and bearings. Polished the side cases ( Minus the clutch cover, next winter ) and got TKATS brace. Hopefully will be back on the road in a couple of weeks. I have too many projects, that is why I am so slow!

Can't wait to smoke some more of my friends HDs this year
                      1979XS100SF
                      2007 Dyna wide glide
                      Too many dodge trucks to list!

Comment

Working...
                      X