• Show
Clear All

• Single? Thinking Marriage?

http://nomarriage.com/
    1993 ZX11D
    1979 CBX
    1973 Z1
    2001 ZX12R

That is awesome! I almost instantaneously forwarded it to my best friend who, after the first failed attempt, is the most anti-marriage person I know.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Re: Single? Thinking Marriage?

Originally posted by ZXDavid
      http://nomarriage.com/
      Finally after 8 psycho-weirdo US chicks, he went back to the 'old country' to find a wife.

whats the old country? is that like a old yamaha 1100 very stable and easy to figure out..

Comment

HA!! That's a great site!

I forwarded it to a few of my married friends who now question their sanity.

Will take one hell of a woman to make me even consider getting married again, let alone actually doing it.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

One Hell of a Woman

I felt the very same way after my first marriage went south. I met WK in 91, and I wasn't interested in any type of relationship at first. She was in the Army at the time, so I would only see her on weekends as she was stationed about 300 miles from here. She then got orders to Ayer, Mass, so we didn't see too much of each other for a while. She then got orders to Ft Campbell, near Nashville, and she would drive home every couple of weeks. Well, we were having so much 'fun', that I started flying to Nashville every other weekend. We had a blast. That's when she got her first bike, a Honda 450 Night Hawk. She got out in 92, and moved in with me. It was shortly after that, that I changed my mind about a serious relationship. We got married in June '93, and had the twin girls in 96, and the boy in 98. Things are good. I'm very glad I changed my mind about a second marriage.

Comment

3rd time's a charm...

I too am slooooooooooo learner. Married two "Western women" and nothing worked out good. Finally a girl from Colombia found me. Totally NOT a "Western woman".
            You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
            Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
            Drilled airbox
            Tkat fork brace
            Hardly mufflers
            late model carbs
            Newer style fuses
            Oil pressure guage
            Custom security system
            Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

What a horribly bleak outlook! LOL!

Married 16 years now. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Get laid most every night too!
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer
              Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
              Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Daniel... I guess I lucked out also? LOL. It'll be 20 years in May. Most of the things I read off of that site were how things changed after marraige... especially the sex. I would have to agree... it's gotten better.. and now that the kids are growing up, the frequency is becoming let's say... ummm... frequent?? I think she may kill me soon... but oh man! What a way to go!! lol.
                Plus... she let's me go away at times for some "Guy time" as yours obviously does from hearing of your adventures. Usually, they won't have a problem with this if they are secure in the relationship. Mine knows that the only other woman in my life is Wildkat! lol.. (Sorry John) lol. J/K. So as long as I come home to her at the end of the day (Or weekend), there isn't a problem. She's even pretty fun to hang around too. I wouldn't trade it for anything either.

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Coming up on 33 years (in August) with the same woman. My parents just celebrated 61 years of marriage to each other. Good marriages are not impossible. Several friends, my younger brother, and my wif's younger brother are clebrating 30 plus year marriages; however my 2 sisters have each been married multiple times and are currenly single.

I guess you have to find the right person, then work at it. Interestingly, in about 3/4 of the successful long-term marriages I know of, motorcycles played a part at some point in the couple's dating or early marriage years. Maybe its the people I hand out with.....
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

cant yah see everyone here hes maker her

wear a half face helmet and shes not holding his waste, for secuirty he loks like wants here to fall off..ARRG!!

Comment

Good Heavens!!

Originally posted by midnight1980
                      and shes not holding his waste
                      I wouldn't want to hold his waste either...
                      (sorry... couldn't resist that one)
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Lara and I have put-up with each other for almost 17 years now. She's never home. We work seperate shifts. We seldom see each other so we seldom argue anymore.
                        I hear people talking about sex.... I vaguely remember something about that. Does virginity grow back?
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Yea it does...

Quote by Pat: Does virginity grow back?

Yes, gets so tight it's unusable. Dr don't have a spreader small enough to do a pap smear. LOL
                          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                          Drilled airbox
                          Tkat fork brace
                          Hardly mufflers
                          late model carbs
                          Newer style fuses
                          Oil pressure guage
                          Custom security system
                          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Guy seems pretty angry. I can't say that I disagree 100%, but I do know that I cherish being a father. It's something you don't understand until you have kids. But I would rather not have to deal with his mother which is where I agree with that site.

For a more rational take see this guy:

http://www.warrenfarrell.com/

He talks about how guys get screwed in custody arrangements and how the system is set up to benefit women (TNAF, WIC, VAWA, Child Support laws, etc.) and how they work to replace fathers with Daddy Government.
                            1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Coming up on my 25th year myself but this is my third time. Luckily found a old school type that gives good service and no trouble but would be hard if not damn near impossible to replace with a like kind without going overseas. The best woman in the world can still be a pain in the ass at times.
                              1993 ZX11D
                              1979 CBX
                              1973 Z1
                              2001 ZX12R

Comment

Working...
                              X