Help with Ebay purchase in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Ebay purchase in UK

I'm bidding on some sidecovers for my first ride, the moped I drove whan I was 16. The seller advises he is not able to ship out of the UK. Would one of our UK members with a Paypal account be willing to receive then re-ship these if I end up with the winning bid? I would pay for the covers, then could use Paypal to reimburse for costs to handle and re-ship. Isn't she a beaut?

PM me if you think you could help.

Thanks.

BTW - I didn't get waves from too many of the Harley riders when this was my ride. Come to think of it, I don't think too many people ever waved at me, but there was a lot of pointing....
    Ken Talbot

Good luck Ken

Good luck on your quest Ken, your fixin it up for the SHMBO to ride of course.....heh, I have a half family in England, Dad left 3 behind when he was serving in WW2, war babys...if I knew whom and where they are they would help, last contact was 17 yrs ago......
    I bet that scoot has quite a range on it with a big tank like that on the back!
    Bruce
    78 XS1100 in transition, new engine, new shocks, new Xhaust system, many new parts, new paint job "voodoo airbrushing" Ajax, Ontario
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Re: Good luck Ken

Originally posted by desert1
      I bet that scoot has quite a range on it with a big tank like that on the back!
      I don't remember how much gas it took, but I'm sure it must have got up around 70 or 80 mpg. It is a 2 cycle, so I used to pour a bit of oil into the tank, fill it up from the pump, then shake the whole thing back and forth for a bit to mix the oil with the gas. It wasn;t fast, but it got me around to most places I wanted to go. The only time it failed me was one evening when I had been out at a farm picking potatoes after supper, and the plug fould when I tried to start it. I ended up pedalling the d@^$ thing home and let me tell you, that was no fun.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

better than pushing a 600lb touring rig the same distance
        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
        History
        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
        79 yamaha xs1100f
        03 honda cbr 600 f4
        91 yamaha fzr 600
        84 yamaha fj 1100
        82 yamaha seca 750
        87 yamaha fazer
        86 yamaha maxim x
        82 yamaha vision
        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

hi ken if you give me the ebay number it would help.do you have a limit that you would go up to ?....

Comment

Ken

I had one of those as a first bike, I bought it in 1978, and I've still got it.

AND it still runs real good, not that I've used it that much recently.

Mine is the RM12 Sports version.

Sports! LOL

If you need help with parts just ask, I know a bloke that imports used parts from France into UK and sells them cheap.
            Tom
            1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
            1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
            1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
            1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

BTW - I didn't get waves from too many of the Harley riders when this was my ride. Come to think of it, I don't think too many people ever waved at me, but there was a lot of pointing....
              This has brought memories back.

Me and my dad went to the Isle of Man TT road races in a camper-van years ago, the only bikes that would fit in were my little Raleigh RM12 and his little Ducati 160 Monza Junior, (I had the XS by then). When we got off the ferry we chucked the bikes out to give us room, and then used the little bikes to get about on the island to the race circuit.
              I decided to do a lap of the 37 mile circuit on a none race day and got cheered and a round of applause all the way round.

The people cheering normally sit around the circuit on non-race days to watch the sports bike nutters trying to copy their racing heroes, it was pretty hairy being buzzed by R1's and Fireblades doing 150mph when I was doing 30mph

The racers lap in ~20mins, it took me about an hour and a half
              Tom
              1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
              1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
              1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
              1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Originally posted by scoobes
                hi ken if you give me the ebay number it would help.do you have a limit that you would go up to ?....
                The auction number is 120097372235 and my bid is currently the high bid. I'm not looking for someone to bid for me, rather for someone who could take delivery from the seller, then re-ship to Canada.
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Hi Ken, I think Scoobes is helping you out but if you need more help (or if Scoobes needs help !) let me know.
                  Brian
                  XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                  Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Thanks, Brian. I haven't got Scoobes' address yet, so if you are willing, PM yours to me and I'll let the seller know. I'll be sending out a money order to the seller in the morning.
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

hi ken i have pm`d you my address.....

Comment

Thanks, Scoobes. I'll be in touch as this deal comes together. For the benefit of others, I heard from the seller again later this afternoon that he might be willing to try international shipping. It is not something he has tried before, but at least he has an open mind and is willing to check it out.
                        Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
                        X