Joys of hooking up!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joys of hooking up!!!!

After dealing with a shrinking redline due to a clutch that was getting worse as the miles went on, it was finally replaced with some help from Patrick (Succubus). Fibers and springs were replaced. All the fibers speced out within tolerance even with 68k on them. Clutch springs were way outa spec so I most likely could have gotton away with just springs. I used OEM plates and springs. A quick ride on Saturday proved a good fix but since I went out without my skid lid on, I didn't push it much. The front end once again get "light" when all the troops come on line. On this mornings ride to work, I redlined 2nd and felt it slip. Seems with the light mist on the road, it was the back tire breaking loose and not the clutch slipping, this was confirmed by the slight side shuffle of the back wheel when I did it a second time. I LIKE IT!!!!!

Thanks again Pat for your help.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

It was a pleasure to offer what help could, WC. I love working on these old bikes, even when they aren't mine - and I love it when a plan comes together...

Succubus wasn't ready for the ride to Hurst for the rally, but at least I could make it to a "mini-rally." Besides, now I have a backup set of perfectly good friction plates in case my clutch is an issue.....

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Been there. I was amazed at how hard Megathrust pulled after I replaced my clutch plates.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
      X