The "big" Day :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "big" Day :-)

WELL ... I received my N.W.F.A. Inspectors certificate this afternoon. Likely does not mean much to the average person but for me it is a achievement. I completed the 8 hour written exam about 5 months ago and then had to submit 5 actual reports for approval to meet the requirements.
    I am now a recognized wood flooring expert in a court of law. Looks like my briefcase just got bigger LOl LOL

Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

"Congratulations!"

Yes, what a surprise. I was floored when I read the news.
    So your certificate doesn't get damaged or stained, you should get it laminated.
    Go celebrate... take your lady out dancing, though you've got two square feet
    (Just dancing, mind you, none of that other stuff... you and your warped thoughts!)
    Or a quiet dinner at home... some wax candles, polish the silverware...
    you can even impress her by Pledgeing to change your ways... promising a bright Future ahead.
    Life is exciting, now... and you'll never be board

"Keep the rubber side down, and the smooth grain up"
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Sooo that's what happened to Bob "Huricane" Hanna, went from motocross super star to wood floor inspector. Well we all gotta do somethin.
      Congratulations Robert, I hope this means a big pay raise for you also.

A little off your game tonight Promepheus, that kinda sucked.
      I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

No I'm not Bob "Hurricane" Hanna or even related. I also don't get a raise from my boss because I can not do certified inspections for him, it would be a conflict.
        I do however get to do independent certified inspections and the reward for them is decent. A certified inspection is equal to about 1/2 a weeks income :-)
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Prom!
          Wood you please keep your tongue in groove and promise not to lay down anymore kiln dried planks o' humour....sorry could not resist.
          XSRIK
          79F model:
          "wood" like it to run better
          perhaps if i "sanded" it ....
          "wood" run "smoother"
          and less "grainy"
          jeeezzzz I must
          be quiet

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over"
          79 XS1100F "Talkin' 'bout shaft"

77 CB750 A "Dumpster classic" aka "Rattus Ottomaticus"

Comment

Long day, worked late, I was tired.

Comment

Prom,
              Actually my kind of humouresqe bantor! Hear ya on the working late and tired scenario.... can sympathize most def! Here's to the weekend!
              XSRIK

"Ride Hard Sleep Late Awake Refreshed"
              79 XS1100F "Talkin' 'bout shaft"

77 CB750 A "Dumpster classic" aka "Rattus Ottomaticus"

Comment

SCUFFing at the reMARKs

Prom,

How DARE YOU apologize! Perhaps your reply didn't have the polish and finish that is your norm? We know you like to wax poetically in times like this, so glossing over it is not up to your level. But it's like Murphy's, someone wood consider it awash, a quickshine treatment at best, not realizing it's all tongue in groove. Perhaps we should just strip away the faux venier that conceals our true feelings, and rebuff those that are planely less appreciative of our hard efforts? Well, I'm going to put some parkay on my toast, topcoat it with some strawberry jam, completing my breakfast for today.
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I saw you had some teeth to that remark, T.C. Good that your bite is worse than your bark
                  Wooden I like to have a fine breakfast such as that, but of coarse, my diet says no. I must have no fiber if I'm to remain as thin as a twig
                  I'm no sap, but poor nutrition, I feel, is the root of many health issues, which can also branch out to other aspects of one's life.
                  Sure, I can pine away for my favorite foods, I often get knots in my stomach, but let me tell you, Bud, when it comes to the tree of life, I leave no stone unturned in my quest for good health. A crowning achievement it is to reach an advanced age, without wrinkles,blemishes or stains.
                  I've weathered many a storm over the years... good reason to uncork a bottle and dance a little jig

Comment

?

Is anyone else getting board with this string? I don't mean to go out on a limb here, but perhaps we can branch out into some other area and leaf this one. ;-}
                    Walt
                    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
                    79 XS11s
                    03 Valkyrie
                    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
                    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
                    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Its impossible to let a thread die. I bring up old ones often. Thats what is great about the site. You can BS all day long about anything.
                      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                      Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                      X