Rapidly approaching 3000 members...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapidly approaching 3000 members...again

It looks like we will have our 3000th member sometime tomorrow or Sunday, judging by the rate they have been joining up.
    Last edited by John; 03-16-2007, 09:19 AM.

Sounds GRRRRRRREAT!
    The more the marrier I say
    "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
    "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
    79 XS1100 modified standard
    Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
    pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
    straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
    new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
    Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
    Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
    owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

Comment

Just don't blame me if it goes up and then down again, as I weed out the SPAMMERS that join but never register/reply to the confirmation email!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

How many are active ? The more the merrier but it's of little use if they are not active members. And HEY ... where the he** can I buy a XS11 patch???
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

We have a winner!

Hoffman1...this is your lucky day! (Visions of ballons, confetti, and streamers falling from the ceiling) You are our 3000th member, and as such you have won the following prizes...
          This post proclaiming you as the 3000th member, AND the priviledge of being able to ask any question you choose, and to be free from ridicule if it seems like a stupid question.
          Congratulations, and enjoy your prizes!

Comment

ridicule?

What this means we can't pick on the latest new guy?

Where's the fun in that?

Start your countdown to the next mindless meeting!
            Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
            S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
            1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Nobody is immune...

even the new guy... Come to think of it... everywhere I've ever been... the new guy gets the most ridicule... unless he buys the first round (that can be sodas too)...
              Welcome to Hoffman1... just be prepared... be very prepared...

As for the Meeting of the Minds... we're kind of thinking of moving it to June... That way it won't interfere with the Spring Rally or the Hill Country ride in the fall... Of course... anyone who wants to come on over for the March and October birthday rallies... is MORE than welcome... and John kind of liked the idea of doing Talihina in the fall so we can see some real color... So June might be more promising for the MotM...

As far as I'm concerned... anytime anyone wants to ride around here... come on up (down... over... whatever )
              We're kind of limited to Thursdays and Fridays with John's days off... well... he is anyway
              We are planning on doing the car shows though (I posted the times and dates in the rallies section) so if anyone is interested in those... just let us know...
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

"Did I miss the memo or something...?"

I don't recall voting on that "No Ridicule" clause.
                Have our standards slipped that low?
                I mean... suppose he asks something really obvious? Am I just supposed to sit here and ignore that?
                This is real life... this is the big world... not some P.C. High School class... where you get graded; not by how much you learn, but by whether the class made you feel good about yourself.
                Here, you should learn from your mistakes and by mocking the mistakes of others. Ridicule helps reenforce this.
                This is part of growing up.
                Yes, we are all family here... but didn't Hoffman's family ridicule him all through childhood? Didn't Bill Gates' father cringe everytime he beheld his nerdy-looking son?
                And what about MRO? Or TRBIG? They attained GURU status by having others pointing out the inane errors of their ways.
                Look at CZEKUS...sure, a fine contributing member now... but where would he be if we didn't ridicule him for towing his pick-up with his XS? One more stunt like that... and he'll make GURU this year!
                Ridicule builds character, healthy teeth and strong bones... (or is that Wonder Bread?)
                Anyway... you get my point.
                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

"WildKat pipes up..."

Wasn't it she who said, "If you cant laugh at yourself, you'll be the only one not laughing?"

And, by the way, WildKat...
                  and John kind of liked the idea of doing Talihina in the fall so we can see some real color
                  Who is this Talihina? Why would you let John "do" her... aren't you two married? (I'll stay away from the "colored" remark, though)
                  My, my, my... you Texans!
                  "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Why do you think she's called Wildkat, anyway? It's not some name she just pulled out of a hat, ya know!
                    Speaking of 'WILD'...I'll be off for a while, hold all my calls.

Comment

Working...
                    X