Chat site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat site?

Is there a "Chat" feature on this forum site somewhere I might have missed?

Bruce Doucette
    78XS110
    Alpha
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Re: Chat site?

Bruce "desert1" Doucette wrote:
    Is there a "Chat" feature on this forum site somewhere I might have missed?
    If there is, I've missed it too. However, in your user profile you can list your "handle" for ICQ, AOL, and Yahoo chat services. You can check that same information on other XSives in the Members area. On Yahoo Chat I'm mrbike99, same as the old Yahoo XS11 list. Lots of XSives are on Yahoo Chat, including Mike H., Gary G., Johnny Yukon, JP, etc. Makes sense since everyone on the old list was registered on Yahoo anyway.

The easiest thing to do is look at who's online at the forum and send them a PM asking to meet up on Yahoo, ICQ, or AOL. See you there?

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Bruce,

Just do the Yahoo Messenger, a bunch of us are on that and it seems to work well. I am mrsixtysix, sign up and let me know your handle and we can chat together or as a group.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Of course, everyone already knows that there's a place in the UserCP => Edit Profile where you can type in your Yahoo Messenger Handle, right? (There's also a place for ICQ Number & AOL Instant Messenger Handle.

Then when someone reads your interesting post and wants to IM you they can click the Profile button just above your post and see your IM handle and add you to their list.

Pretty nice feature if you ask me. I've been very pleased with Yahoo's Messenger program for Windows. The Mac version kinda sucks though.

Comment

Working...
        X