A Dream Realized After 50 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dream Realized After 50 Years

My father in law wanted a Cushman Eagle back 1955 when he was a kid but his parents wouldnt let him buy one. I never knew this until recently. Hes never bought himself anything much really since Ive known him for 27 years. Ive been encouraging him to get one. He could afford it but for some reason just wouldnt go through with it. After my little medical scare I just flat told him that if he wanted it and could afford it he should get it now while he still can because waiting any longer wont do him a damn bit of good. Well he got it! For those who arent familier with Cushmans this link has some pics.
    http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/ironeagles.php
    1993 ZX11D
    1979 CBX
    1973 Z1
    2001 ZX12R

Good for him!!! Look like fun little machines. Big $. Maybe you can talk him into an 11
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I agree with your conclusion in regard to this. You only live once and discovering your dreams are what it's all about. I bet he's happier with this purchase then just about anything else he has bought over the years.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
      X