Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Hogs

http://wildhogs.movies.go.com/
    Went and saw it today. Really a darn funny movie worth seeing.
    1993 ZX11D
    1979 CBX
    1973 Z1
    2001 ZX12R

Saw it last night. worth the cost of the ticket for sure.
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Seeing this one is on my list of things to do. Glad to hear it's worth seeing.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

John and I saw it also...

I thought it was a little slow at the beginning... but it definitely picked up speed... In the end, it was a pretty good flick....
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Oh... the XS11 Ebert and Siskles, huh?

Was the movie socially relevent?
          Did it pose any philosophical questions to you?
          Was it uplifting and insightful?
          Did it change your life or make you think of higher concepts?
          "Oh, Prometheus... it was a comedy. Comedies are supposed to entertain."
          Ah yes, the americanus stupidus' need for crude humor. I've forgotten myself, again.
          Hey... here ya go...
          "BOOGER!"
          Ahahahaa....!
          "BOOGER!"
          Ahahahaha....!
          Oh, come on... that was funny in the third grade, wasn't it?

"Wild Hogs"... Yeah, maybe I'll see it when it plays at the theater on base for 99 cents. (but only if it's showing on Tuesday... I don't want to miss "American Idol" or "Dr Phil".)

(Man... Am I an ass when I wake up early!)
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

(Man... Am I an ass when I wake up early!)

What's waking up early have to do with it???

Sure it was socially relevant! It made you stop and ponder what a real biker is! It had nothing to do with what you wear, or ride (Even though I never saw an 11!) It all is relevant to if you ride with a nerdy computer programmer to make the whole road trip worth taking!

It was very uplifting... if you watch to the end.. Even Ray Liotta gets tears in his eyes.. lol

And as far as thinking on higher concepts... YES! I learned that if Harley riders mess with you... all you have to do is sabotage their bikes and blow up their hangout place... because we know it will all lead to a happy ending!

And Pro..... Boogers are still pretty darn funny! lol. You ever see the kids in Walmart... you watch them... finger in their nose up to the second knuckle... oblivious to anyone watching... you know what's going to happen but you can't seem to avert your eyes.... here it comes... delectable morsel firmly attached to their finger.... and WHAMO... right in to the mouth to be savored... judged on texture, firmness, salt content.... ahhh... Hey wait.. Another nostril!!

Hope everyone has their breakfast already! lol

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Social relevance...

why yes prometheus... it did have some social relevance... but I certainly wouldn't want to crush or raise anyone's delusions on what the movie might be... so I will refrain from expounding on the matter...

I will say, however... that it made me wish John and I could go for a ride after seeing it... It increased the desire to travel up one coast and down the other (or down one and up the other)... and of course the weather was beautiful when we left the theater... but it was time to pick up the kids... Reality bites...
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Oh Geez Tod!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

I too also went to see it last night. I like it becuase of the fact that my dad and I have done quite bit of camping and traveling on the road. It was indeed very funny. It was nice being able to ride to the movie though it was a little cold on the way home. That is also the first time I have ever seen more than one HD in the theater parking lot. I highly suggest it to anyone who wants a good laugh. I want to note that the majotity of today's "comedy" movies are crude and tastless. Don't get me stated about Snakes on a Plane, or I will blow up your bar
                  United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                  If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                  "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                  "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                  Acta Non Verba

Comment

Re: Oh... the XS11 Ebert and Siskles, huh?

Originally posted by prometheus578
                    (Man... Am I an ass when I wake up early!) [/B]
                    And the rest of the time, are you just a hole?!

I hope to see it also, but don't know if I'll see it in the theater, or wait till it comes out on DVD? I'd like to be able to appreciate it on the "BIG SCREEN", even though I have a 52" Rear Proj. TV that's been great for over 10 years, no HD, but still pretty good!

Yeah, true well written comedies are few and far between these days. Had high hopes for Taledega/Ricky Bobby or 40 y/o virgin, but was let down both times.

One of the last great comedies I saw was "DOGMA"!
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I thought the best parts in the movie was any time an h-d got dropped, or messed up. I cheered, and clapped, and WK just slunk down in her seat.
                      Did anyone notice the obligatory OCC bike shots? Liotta's character rode one.

Comment

FUNNY! Saw it yesterday with the fam. Great laugh and more importantly, made me wanna road trip!
                        There were not enough "on the road" scenes but the ones that were in there really conveyed the feeling of how good it feels to be on the bike for more than a communte to work or a trip to the store!
                        JimBoReeno
                        My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                        '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                        '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                        2000 Indian Chief
                        Millennium Edition

Comment

yeap! sure looks good

http://www.mininova.org/tor/613080

Comment

Dogma, TC was one of the funniest movies that I have ever seen. I think that I may have hurt something b/c I was laughing so hard. I agree on the DVD, hate to go to the big screen. Have you seen "Dodgeball"? Another truly hilarious movie.
                            Travis Miller
                            1978 E

Comment

Very funny movie. Really enjoyed it.

Ben
                              1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                              1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                              1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                              1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                              1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                              1982 XS650
                              1980 XS1100g
                              1979 XS1100sf
                              1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Working...
                              X