No announcement yet.

Longest distance in the rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week, it's rained both days already. Rode the 20 miles home in it yesterday, got home only wet from the knees down, and managed to get er home today in between bursts.

Few wks ago we rode about 40 miles in hard pouring rain. My other half snuggled up to my back and spooned her legs into the back of mine. Talk about making it hard to ride! She didnt get my hints and nudges and pushes either. LOL, grin and bear it right?
    "Rat Rod"
    79 XS1100 Standard
    87 VMAX cans
    Cheap Japanese Tires
    Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
    Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
    Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

ride in the rain

OK not real sure on the distance but last year i rode from Akron oh to Budha IN. in solid rain on a 750 verago no winshield no rain suit it raind down there and back so i can relate to boots not drying for a week
      1980 xs1100
      1981 xs 400
      1982 verago 750

Comment

Remember Joe Btfsplk? - - -

- - - the Li'l Abner character who had his own personal rainstorm? England, 1956 (started riding) through 1969 (emigrated), whenever I rode I got rained on.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Re: Remember Joe Btfsplk? - - -

Originally posted by fredintoon
          - - - the Li'l Abner character who had his own personal rainstorm? England, 1956 (started riding) through 1969 (emigrated), whenever I rode I got rained on.
          You WIN!
          http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Back in the late 1970's I went over 2 years with only motorcycle transportation.

Riding in an Oregon winter is like 3 months of ridding in the rain...

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

well i had the pleasure last summer of riding back from myrlte beach on my crotch rocket, as soon as i started to leave the beach it started raining, and of course it rained the whole way home!
              i will say the 600r is one of the most comfortable bikes i have ever ridden!
              " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
              xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
              8mm msd wires
              tkat fork brace...
              Fox shocks...
              mikes650 front fender
              led's gallore...
              renthal bars
              gold valve emulators
              vmax tensioner
              Rifle fairing

Comment

Earlier this we my fiancee and I rode about 400 miles, me on my H and her on a sr250. I think she was tougher.

Mostly though I don't keep track. When it rains I put on waterproof gloves. If I am travelling I don't stop or hide unless it is raining so hard I can't see.
                I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

I was traveling around Ireland for 6 days by M/C. It rained for 5 of them. As Dragon says, good rain suit and a sense of humor.

Last year travelling from Petaluma Cailf to Sooke BC (about 1600 kms) It rained the whole way up 101 and I did the whole trip in 2 days. Everything was dry but neck and my boots. They took a few days to dry out. (the boots that is)

Comment

Originally posted by ratbyk
                    Everything was dry but neck and my boots.
                    Hmmm...does that mean you were "wet behind the ears?"

Comment

After 74 years on this planet the only wet behind the ears is real H2O.

I intend to live forever, so far so good!

Comment

- - - best laid plans - - -

"I intend to live forever, so far so good!"
                        Hi Ratbyk,
                        and the best of luck with that. I must sorrowfully admit that my own plan to screw myself to death is getting somewhat more difficult to accomplish.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I must sorrowfully admit that my own plan to screw myself to death is getting somewhat more difficult to accomplish

Best of luck with that. Might I suggest a younger/hornier/amply endowed women may help!

Comment

i rode from myrtle beach back to gainesville in the rain and it was not just sprinkling i couldn't see at all! it was a long haul! i can't remember the miles though. probobly around 200. yuck! luckily i was on a yzf600r and i had a taller windsheild so i wasn't getting hit much from the front just from the sides and back.
                            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                            xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                            8mm msd wires
                            tkat fork brace...
                            Fox shocks...
                            mikes650 front fender
                            led's gallore...
                            renthal bars
                            gold valve emulators
                            vmax tensioner
                            Rifle fairing

Comment

Portland Oregon to Palms Springs California in February. It dumped buckets the whole trip. It was like riding up a river.
                              DZ
                              Vyger, 'F'
                              "The Special", 'SF'
                              '08 FJR1300

Comment

From morning till after dark. How far? Too damn far.
                                http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X