Miricle Wiper Blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miricle Wiper Blades?

Iam tired of buying wiper blades every year just to keep from hearing that irritating scrunching sound after they get a year old. Maybe this is the answer? I dont know, anyone here ever tried this brand? They sell them at Wally World.
    http://www.tripledge.com/
    1993 ZX11D
    1979 CBX
    1973 Z1
    2001 ZX12R

"I can see clearly now, the rain has gone..."

My son bought me a set of those for my truck, but I made him return them. All the smashed bugs and stuff are on the inside of my windshield.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Try a set fo Bosh blades a littel rain x you will like it.

XSively
      Bruce
      Bruce Gerken
      '79 XS1100SF
      "The Black"
      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
      The Red Sled.
      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I've used 'em...but you still have to replace them every year. It's not the blades...it the Texas heat...right after the Texas cold/frost/ice.

I replace them on "Big Iron" just before spring, and sometimes during the winter...

Which is interesting...since that's about the two times a year I actually drive "Big Iron"...

Big Iron
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Heres a tip for ya.

The reason most baldes dance across the windshield after a short period of time is because BOTH the blade and glass are dirty. Every time you wash your vehicle (figuring that you do from time to time) clean the windshield with a very good automotive glass cleaner and use plenty of fresh paper towels. Then, use some plain jane rubbing alcohol to clean the dead rubber from the blades. You will be amazed at what comes off of them.

If they still skip, it is time to replace them. But if you do this your blades will work alot longer.
          Mike Giroir
          79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

I have had great luck with the Bosch and rain x as listed above.
            Travis Miller
            1978 E

Comment

I don't even rely on wiper blades anymore...seriously.

Rain-X has never failed me in over 200,000 miles. The stuff is simply amazing. Even in the heaviest downpours it's magic.

I've even started putting it in my washer fluid.

Comment

Cody

Do you use it on the bike's windshield, just in case you get caught out in it?

Comment

Like Cody, I rely on Rain X. Only use wipers for snow.
                  Anyone use Rain X on their helmet face shields?
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

The "tripple" blades have been around for 15 - 20 years (more?) as I remember first seeing them in the Sears specialty automotive catalogs of the '80s or so. Apparently they didn't do very well, started seeing them in other catalogs at highly discounted prices. Idea is that then the blade 'leans over' at the end of each pass there would be another blade to help clean up what the main blade did not. Have never tried them.

Echoing several above posts, I've found the Bosch wiper blades to be about the best I have tried, but even then they need to be preplaced about every 8 months here in Colorado. Heat from sitting in the parking lot at work, sand/bugs from 112 mile a day commute all take their toll. I use them on all 3 of my vehicles.

I do use the Rain X wiper fluid in the cars, have not tried it on the face mask or windshield as I an not sure what the chemicals in it would do to the plastic. For cleaning/polishing those items I use either Novus plastic polish #2 or the Honda spray cleaner sold for that purpose. Both work well, the Honda stuff requires a bit less work but is more expensive.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Rain-X has alcohol in it, yes? Alcohol plus plastic faceshield = bad times...
                      1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                      1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                      http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Originally posted by MAXIMAN
                        I've even started putting it in my washer fluid.
                        They sell it pre-made that way too.
                        1981 XS1100SH

Comment

I use RainX on the cars and trucks. Also pay special attention to wiper blades everytime I wash cars and truck.

I also use the RainX on my boat windshield, the curved section of the windshield is plastic, haven't seen any problems on the plastic part yet.

Anco sells a blade they call a "Winter Blade". Actually has a boot over the framework of the blade, blade is much thicker to. Can't seem to find em here in central Texas. When I lived in NM and Colorado, they were the only thing I would use. Virtually no snow build up in the blade even in driving snow.
                          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                          X