I'm Back!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back!!!!

In the saddle, that is. After a lengthy recovery from a deer v bike crash last aug, a little repair work, and cooperative weather, i finally get to ride! Nothing major, just around the neighborhoods, some quiet streets, and to and from a job. But damn it feels good to don the leather and feel the wind. Odd how addicting this hobby is. Weather is crap again today, but i'm looking forward to sun + time off to really get to know the old girl again. This seems a pointless rant, but i just had to say it. plus, my wife doesn't get it. cheers
    79 xs1100F
    75K and counting...
    76k...
    79k...
    80k...
    86k...

Good

Good to know your back in the wind again! Cant imagine what smokin a deer would be like, hope I never find out, hit a fox last year, I bested him though.....Ride on Portero!
    Bruce
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Hit an opposum once...

At night and in the rain darn opposum run in front of me while I was trying to stop and flipped the bike right out from under me. After straightening the bars and handles up a little I rode home only to have to go back as I had lost my wallet. Found it right there where my butt hit the pavement. There is more to this story, but I'm too lazy to right it all down now.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Glad to see you are up riding again! Another TeXSive back on the road again is always a good thing...

Will you be able to do the long rides after some more recovery?
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat
          Glad to see you are up riding again! Another TeXSive back on the road again is always a good thing...

Will you be able to do the long rides after some more recovery?
          aside from the constant 'is that a deer coming at me from the left side while i ride at 65 mph?!' fear, i can ride for as long as i want. time and the weather have been the only issues. i'm sure the texas weather will cooperate soon enough. on a side note, getting taken out by bambi at that speed SUX.....
          79 xs1100F
          75K and counting...
          76k...
          79k...
          80k...
          86k...

Comment

getting taken out by bambi at that speed SUX
            You know... I don't think that Bambi was all that thrilled about it either... but again... REALLY glad that you were able to get back on the road...

Since distance isn't a major problem.... are you going to try and make it up this way for the Meeting of the Minds in March? (say that 5 times fast) or to Buffalo for the Spring TeXSive ride in April?
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat

You know... I don't think that Bambi was all that thrilled about it either... but again... REALLY glad that you were able to get back on the road...

Since distance isn't a major problem.... are you going to try and make it up this way for the Meeting of the Minds in March? (say that 5 times fast) or to Buffalo for the Spring TeXSive ride in April?
              bambi didn't live long after getting dragged under a sliding xs. was still twitching when i got up, tho. middle of march for the Meeting of the Minds, eh? that's a possibility. who needs to work?!
              79 xs1100F
              75K and counting...
              76k...
              79k...
              80k...
              86k...

Comment

Working...
              X