Ultrasonic cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasonic cleaning

Just when I thought my quest to have my carbs ultrasonic cleaned had come to an end, the opportunity practically fell in my lap . I just yesterday found out that I have access to a cleaning unit here at school that is large enough to hold 2 backs of carbs. I am super excited and thinking about doing mine first and then possibly opening the opportunity up to people on the forum for a respectively minimal cost.

I was hoping that someone who knows something could give me some info on proceedure, solvents, etc. for carbs targeted cleaning.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Also, if people would be interested in have their carbs cleaned and some ideas for fair cost. The lowest price I have found web and local is $300. I am technically going to be abusing my rights to the equipment so it does have to be worth my time and risk. I was thinking between $50 and $75 bucks, but that is just a thought. Input would be great.

thanXS
    '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hmmm....85 views and no interest or info? Well I will do my carbs and report back on how they came out. I was thinking that I would use some Purple Power cleaner.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Heh Jessie,
        I am going to do my carbs next month after I get the motor back together and into the bike. We have an ultrasonic cleaner at work and use it to clean small parts and sintered stainless filters, never thought about using it to clean the carbs but you got me thinking. We use a fluid called "Fastsolve" but it doesn't always seem to work. Some things it does clean and others it doesn't seem to touch at all. Let us know how you do with the Purple Power or whatever you wind up using.

Ed
        Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
        XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

Working...
        X