No announcement yet.

Want your bike photo on a calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DO .... in reply to your thread topic. However some of the purist may not want mine in theirs.
    Is there a deadline for photo submittal?
    "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
    "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
    79 XS1100 modified standard
    Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
    pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
    straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
    new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
    Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
    Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
    owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh
      what is the correct email adress to send pics?
      The email address for posting your photos: XS11photos@sbcglobal.net.

It was in the 4th page of this thread! He would prefer high res photos which are much better for professional grade printing!
      He had listed the deadline around September IIRC!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Calander

Thank you Topcat, for filling in the blanks for me. You got it right.
        Mathh: I'm glad you are interested. I would especially like your turbo XS to be in there.
        Pat, and others, here are a few basic photo tips:
        · Avoid back lighting. If you can't, try fill in flash, or use a large piece of white poster board, or some other similar reflective material to reflect light back onto your bike. This is especially important with black bikes.
        · Try to avoid a distracting, cluttered background. Be aware of what is behind your bike. That light post in the back ground may seem unobtrusive until you see the photo and it seems to be growing out of your bikes headlight!
        · Camera angle can be important. 3/4 frontal is good, as well as shooting from the ground up. Shooting squarely from the side can be either dull or dramatic, depending on some of the other factors mentioned above.
        · Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Shoot a roll of film, or the equivalent in digital. Shoot at different times of the day. Try different angles, and different backgrounds. Digital is nice because you are able to see the results instantaneously. Pre digital photographers took at least three shots at different exposures, (called "bracketing,") in the hope that at least one shot would turn out right.
        · If you have questions regarding photographic techniques or submitting same please email me via XS11photos.com, and I'll respond as soon as I can. I'm not a pro, but I have had a few classes and a life time of interest.
        Thanks for all the great suggestions and ideas. If I get more than 12 submissions I'll put them up for a vote.
        This old man is fading fast.
        G'nite.
        E.Liberty
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

how about something like this
          you could have this on the web site and people could print thier own
          http://home.psouth.net/~willy/june.html
          http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
          78E main ride, since birth the "good"
          78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
          78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
          79F Parts
          80G Parts
          75 DT 400B enduro