New to the Forum, hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum, hi everyone

Thanks to the good people at Google, I have managed to stumble across this fantastic site! Just got my motorcycle license and purchased my first bike, 82 XJ1100. I had no idea these bikes has such a following and the vast amount of info in this site is unbelieveable, I was able to adjust my clutch thanks to this and she is shifting like a dream now.
    Bike is in pretty good shape, 39,500km on it but starter clutch and rear master cylinder kit just replaced about 1,500km's ago and the price was right. I do have some issus to reslove but runs well and I have enjoyed the few short rides so far.
    Just wanted to introduce myself and looking forward to learning more and getting my bike in top shape.

Welcome to the forum. Post photos!
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Welcome!
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Wecome aboard. This is THE place to get info, entertainment, and help on EVERYTHING, not just motorcycles.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

That's what we like to see, another Canuck on the list! Hope you didn't get washed off the face of the earth in that system that tore through your area earlier today.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Hi and welcome,
            Good to see another Canuck on board
            Got my first 11 last year, looking at an 81 special with some "bear" damage probably will buy it soon. The XS gets under your skin real quick. Most have more than one and several are not enough .
            Ed
            Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
            XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

Two are never enough either. 5 is getting there. Welcome to the site.
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

Thanks everyone! I will post some pictures shortly, she aint pretty yet but at least it will give me out of trouble. Were getting used to these storms down on the Wet, oops West Coast. Since I'm new to all this I can get away with asking silly questions, what is the differnece between the XS and XJ?

Comment

Hey Corzen,

Welcome to the site, I'm a few days late! IF you will go to the MAIN FORUM PAGE, and scroll down, you'll find OTHER tech tips links that are NOT linked from the yellow column on the left. PLEASE take some time (during the rainy days) and peruse them!

The XS was made from 78 to 81, the XJ in 82 in the USA, and a couple more years to 84 in Canada. The XJ has lots more electronic doo dads, problematic....er I mean linked front rear brakes, adjustable handebars and other things. Jerry here is our XJ guru. You can go to the Pictures section and look at the different models to see the differences. The XJ is a SPECIAL styled bike, they didn't make an XJ Standard. The XJ also has stronger charging system, the YICS fuel/air mixture system, fully electronic ignition both vacuum curve and centrifugal advance curves mapped into the TCI, vacuum info provided by a little black sensor box....no vacuum module or rotating timing plate on the left side of the engine.

Jerry may chime in here with more info!
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by corzen
                    I'm new to all this I can get away with asking silly questions, [/B]

There are no silly questions. Everyone here is willing to help and love to see another one of these hit the road, again. XS11's can be frustrating at times, but be patient, read and follow label directions carefully and watch most other bikes disappear in your mirrors.
                    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

New to the Forum, hi everyone

Hi, hello - I like my xs, it's really a fun ride. Does yours wheelie? Mine did.
                      [IMG]http://michaelwilliamandersen.ga[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X