Meeting of the XSive Minds 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voting ends January 31

Okay guys and gals... looks like March 17, 18 and 19 might be it... but we'll let the poll go until the end of January.
    At that time, we'll go with majority rules and I'll move this over to the rallies section.

(You know, Pat... I'm beginning to think you might be a bit of a trouble maker... Wow! 211 miles? That's one heck of a trek!)
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Bump...

and grind...

Okay Guys and Gals... Wednesday is the last day for the poll... Get your vote in now.

One more time... this is at John and Wildkat's place in Hurst, Texas halfway between Ft. Worth and Dallas.

Any questions... feel free to PM either myself or John...

Happy Sunday!
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

John and Wildkat,
        I have to back out of the meeting. I now have three work trips in the next two months, and don't have the time needed to make the trip. I'll have to try and get out there later, maybe in the fall.
        I'll be thinking of everyone, and try and do a "clutch check" in honor of the Texas meet.
        Ray
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Bummer Ray

Sorry you won't be able to make it...
          However, I understand that the whole October 3rd thing happens in the Fall... Wasn't there a birthday or two around that time? Who IS that?

October riding in the desert is still better than the summer... usually...

(although, riding through the dessert could be sweeeeet too)

Okay, for anyone interested... today's it for voting... so unless 6 people vote for another date... it looks like March 17, 18 and 19... I'll be posting something in the Rallies section in the next few days...
          81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

WAIT WAIT!!! How about April??

OK..just kiddin'. I have to go to Arizona the weekend before... will do my best to get back here and down there to irrita.. I mean visit with you..

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

hEY WILDCAT

I WOULD LIKE TO COME DOWN BUT NEED MORE INFO. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE ADVERAGE TEMPS ARE IN MARCH. IT IS CURRENTLY -13 HERE -32 WITH WIND CHILL. I HAVE THE TIME OFF BUT IT WOULD BE A COLD AND LONELY RIDE FROM NORTHERN IL ALL THE WAY DOWN THERE. IS THERE ANY PLACE NEAR BY TO PITCH A TENT? I WOULD BE RIDING ON A TIGHT BUDGET. ALSO IS ANYONE COMMING FROM FROM UP NORTH HERE?
              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
              76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
              79 special (skull bike)
              79 special (parts bike w/title)
              79 special
              80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
              81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
              81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
              80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
              81 650 maxim
              81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
              01 Gz 250

Comment

Average temps?

Do we actually have those here?

By the middle of March... we are usually in the 60 - 70 range... It can really fluctuate... but whatever it will be... it will be warmer than where you are now.

Here is a link to the Rally section where I will be posting more info...
                Meeting of the XSive Minds
                Hope you can make it!
                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                X