Feel sorry for ya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel sorry for ya...

I feel so sorry for you guys/gals that have real winter weather. It was such a great day for a ride here, 70's, sunshine, great twisties and all the cages at the mall.... The weatherman says tomorrow will be even better. The only problem is that it makes it real hard to find time to do the winter projects/service. Maybe I'll get lucky and we will have a rainy spell. LOL
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

I need the winter. Otherwise I would never get ANYTHING done on the bike.

Since I laid Megathrust down for hibernation I have drained the oil, changed the filter, replaced headlight, got my all-LED lighting system fully functional, am currently swapping cams back to stock, checking valve clearances, doing a hydro clutch coversion, and installing a filter cup drain bolt.

And winter is not even half over here.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Um, yeah, after the rain stopped today I rode in the late afternoon to work then rode home after I was done.

Did get some comments from an older guy about how amazing it is to still be able to ride two days before Christmas.
      1981 XS1100SH

Comment

LOL, sweating my butt of here, the tin lids are swimming in the pool and I'm enjoying sucking some tinnies in 36 Celsius(about 90F) temps.

Ah, gotta love Australia, 11 months of riding drinking and sunshine.

Am I evil rubbing it in.
        1981 XJ550RH
        1978 XS1100E The Wildebeast
        1978 XS1100F X Streem
        1980 XS1100G (with an E motor)(parts bike)
        Jet/Mod Calculator
        Speed/Gearing Calculator

Comment

Beautiful day at the beach

65 and sunshine here in NC. Went for a nice ride this morning. Cages were still home getting ready to go to the malls. Its a great time of year to ride. This old beast loves cooler air temps. Just wants to run and run but I do need some rain and cold so I can do the maintenance

Merry Christmas
          wingnut
          81 SH (Daily Ride)
          81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
          81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
          82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
          81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

-3 C (28 F) and about 60 cm (2 ft) of white stuff on the ground up here and expecting more in the next few days.
              Going skiing with the family.
              Merry Christmas.

Ed
              Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
              XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

Maryland checking in

It's been real nice up here. Filled the tank and did a trip around the county checking out the lights. "bout a hunded miles; now waiting on Santa
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

Damn Weather Channel

Today's forcast cloudy, Temp at 5 am...44 degrees. High, mid 60's. Looks like I'll be able to ride to work today. The ride in was nice. At about noon I had noticed that the ground was getting damp. I stepped out side around 1 pm and it's *%&# raining, and the temps are only about 55. Lovely! Good thing I always carry my rain suit on the bike. Well, it was still raining when I clocked out at 2:30, and I had a lovely ride home in the cold ass rain, but at least it wasn't freezing, and the traffic was fairly light for all of the last minute shoppers. It could have been worse...the bike could be put up for the winter.
                  Is it better to be caught in a winter rain, than to not be able to ride in the winter?

Comment

OK.. I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the pack, but I actually like riding in the rain under most circumstances. I try to avoid it when there's lightning, but besides that, I have waterproof gloves, boots and gear with a full face helmet and windshield. I can hear the rain pelting me, but I stay warm and dry.... plus there's not a Harley to be seen anywhere! lol. When you aren't prepared though... I agree.. a cold rain saps you pretty quickly and sucks pretty bad. Unless there's snow or ice on the ground.. I'm usually in the saddle. I even rode a couple weeks ago to work when it was 17 degrees. The bike sputtered and popped like it couldn't fully warm up. Either that or it was cussing me.... : )

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope to meet many more of you, and see some again in the coming year.

Tod
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Well, I don't have a car, so I ride in the winter.

'Course, this winter has been pretty nice, so far. Today it was 31 on the way to work. I was on the Beemer, though, since the xs11's are down for maintenance.

Besides, there is ice and stuff. I don't want to hurt them
                      I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

You guys have it all wrong...beautiful winter day here in western Colorado. Hitched up the Arctic Cat and off to the Grand Mesa trail head for sever hours of playing in the snow. Of course, yesterday I had the XJ out for a short ride, temps near 40 deg F. Not bad riding with the big Windjammer and lowers. Also washed the car later in the afternoon. You folks that have only 1 season at a time are getting short changed....
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Christmas ride

Sunny, 44 with a sharp north wind here in North central Oklahoma. No traffic, perfect day for a ride. The King of Kong likes cool air and was running real smooth. We made a grocery run before the store shut down for the holiday and took a short cruise north of town. Riding on Christmas is a perfect gift and all it costs is the fuel. BTW, Kong got an 850 FD for Christmas. Now he wants me to install it.

Merry Christmas y'all!
                          1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Christmas Ride

Both my girls ( Breanna and Miranda) took a little ride today on Mistress Red 30 degrees f....cool all the way round!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's raining hard here in NW Oregon... I rarely get much work done over the winter. I need a little warmth to get me motivated. The first warm late winter day gets me hot to ride...

Geezer
                              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X