Hello from a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new member

Hello All, I am new to this site but not to the XS11, I recently bought a 1980 full dresser in Oklahoma, to use when I am out there. I live in Maine, but travel to OK often. The bike I bought is just like the one I had that I bought new in 1980. New Ruby Red Standard fully dressed. Oh what memories I have, several Xcountry trips, etc. Anyway I found your site and yes registered, and hopefully can gain some info from it. And also could probably give advice. The bike I bought has not run since 1992, so needs carbs rebuilt/cleaned, brakes rebuilt and it's missing the tank. I go back out there in a couple of weeks and hopefully will have her running soon. She is in excellent condition, been in a garage since new, and only 25K miles. I paid $600 for her but don't care how much it takes to get her back on the road. I absoulutely loved my original one and often wondered why I ever traded it for a Harly in 1984, boy what a mistake that was, LOL. Anyway I also own a 2000 Road Star 1600, 1982 Maxum 550 (Son's), 2006 Vstar 650 (wife's), 1986 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, 1980 Honda CB125S (learner's bike and Motorhome bike). OK Better go for now, glad to be aboard!!!! Kim
    1980 XS100G Standard, Full Dresser
    1980 Honda CB125S
    1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
    1986 BMW K100RT
    2004 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Welcome aboard Kim,
    I have only been with the site for several months and it and the people that participate have given me a wealth of knowledge.
    Great bunch.
    Ed
    Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
    XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

Parked for 14 years? Yup, it's probably going to need a bit of TLC to get it back in order.

There's a wealth of good information in the tech tips areas, and the search button at the top of the page will find you a lot of other good stuff.

And advice - you want advice - just ask and you shall receive. Go ahead and try it out, maybe for a start by asking what kind of oil to use...
      Ken Talbot

Comment

maybe for a start by asking what kind of oil to use...
        Or tires

Welcome to the site Kim. We love pictures here too, it's neat to see the old bikes taking shape/brought back to life. Alot of niffty stuff to read here.
        Last edited by Goin Commando; 12-20-2006, 10:13 PM.
        I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

Welcome!
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

welcome kim

what part of maine are you from
            I'm in hollis, is your bike a special or a standard?
            http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
            78E main ride, since birth the "good"
            78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
            78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
            79F Parts
            80G Parts
            75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

Yea!!!! Another one resurrected from the bowels of extinction, to be made well again, to once again prowl the highways in search of unsuspecting prey. To stalk it thru the ribbons of the asphalt jungle carefully waiting for the moment to strike with a mere twist of the wrist.

Welcome to the site.
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

XSWilly,
                I live in Auburn and work now in Scarborough at the new Post Office. There are many co-workers living out your way. I see you have a couple of parts bikes, not that I need any, LOL. There is a warehouse of old jap bikes up here in Auburn in case you need any. I will take pic's and document the progress. Thanks to all that have welcomed me aboard!!! BTW the bike is a 1980 Standard full fairing with lowers and bags, no trunk, but would love a oem trunk if anyone has one for sale!!!! Kim
                1980 Honda CB125S
                1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
                1986 BMW K100RT

Comment

OK I have pictures of the bike how it looks now, how do I attach them to this thread, or where do I send them to? Can I add them to my profile? Kim
                  1980 Honda CB125S
                  1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
                  1986 BMW K100RT

Comment

Hi Kim

Originally posted by kimrpaige
                    OK I have pictures of the bike how it looks now, how do I attach them to this thread, or where do I send them to? Can I add them to my profile? Kim
                    You can use a free pic hosting site such as Photodump, or Photobucket to upload the pics to, and then you can post links to them, or you can post them directly here.
                    You said there is a large warehouse of old jap bikes in Auburn? I am from Maine, the Waterville area, and I get up there a couple of times a year. I'd like to browse their facility and see what they have there. Can you tell me what the business name is, and their address?
                    Last edited by John; 12-21-2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

i've been to the place you speak of
                      they don't sort things very well
                      yamaha over there honda over here
                      piles everywhere, nothing labeled
                      was looking for exhaust, i check there once in awhile,
                      as my mom lives in turner so i drive right by there when i go up
                      its right on rt 202
                      http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
                      78E main ride, since birth the "good"
                      78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
                      78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
                      79F Parts
                      80G Parts
                      75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

Working...
                      X