The Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powder coating?

Hi John , when you did your parts and baked them in the oven you were doing the powder coat thing have I got that right?

Hey, maybe there is someone in our group who is proficient in airbrushing would they perhaps show us on there website perhaps give us some pointers on their tecniques and paints tools etc.. some basic how to do this and that....
    Bruce
    78XS1100 Alpha
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Not Powder Coat

I was using VHT brand engine paint. It is recommended that the paint be cured in the oven to assure resistance to solvents.

Comment

You can bake any enamel and get a much harder and durable finish, used to do with car parts and it works good. "Bake Enamel Finish" used to be a big deal.

Steve
        80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
        73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
        62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
        Norton Electra - future restore
        CZ 400 MX'er
        68 Ducati Scrambler
        RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Mi casa es su casa

I built a 400 V8 in the laundry room once, does that count?

No garage at the time. Felt like the guy that built a boat in the basement though. The damn thing would not fit through the door. Fortunately, removing the door and turning it sideways on the stand was enough to get it out. If you squnted just right, you wouldn't see the grooves from the engine stand wheels in the vinyl floor.
          XS1100SF
          XS1100F

Comment

way back

When I was 18 or thereabouts I dissasembled a 250cc Kawi Samurai took it down into a crawl space basement more suited for hobbits than middle earthlings and painted it there (rattle can) had to drop the bike and its parts frame and all thru one of those outside vertical basement doors if you get what I mean....come the spring hauled it all back up again piece by piece
            Bruce Doucette
            Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
            X