Tribute ride...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute ride...

I am just getting over the "jet lag" from the flying trip to Houston and back. I did my flying from the seat of the van cage and did make good time going to Houston, but comming back was a different story.

I am at least a little humbled by the Houston experience. I have always known a man's worth is better judged by his friends as opposed to his material wealth and I have to say that Dave is the richest man I know. I was very impressed by the turn out for the party and tribute ride before I took his "Baby" to california. Friday evening we had a great dinner and lots of laughs at Cindy's where she put on a real feast. Saturday morning we ( 12 bikes) were led to the cemetary where Dave now resides and I promised him I would take good care of his Baby and he could ride with me anytime. From there we went to the Benson Municipal Airport

for a great lunch at the resturant which is a '50's motif place complete with waitresses in can-cans. I don't know how many here remember them, but since I was a teen then, I sure do. Then a ride back to Cindy's where we loaded the "Pathfinder" into the trailer for the run to California.

I am a very lucky guy. Cindy says I was sent to her by God to take care of Daves Baby and I have to agree. I know of no one else who could get SWMBO to tell me to buy another motorcycle as she is the one who suggested I make an offer.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Thank You for carrying on Dave's Memory

I got a little choked up by your words. They were very kind. Dave's family is now your family too. He was truly rich, as are we all now.

I'm glad you got home safe and sound.

We'll be seeing ya, soon!

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

"I am a very lucky guy. Cindy says I was sent to her by God to take care of Daves Baby and I have to agree"

XStremely kind of you planedick I tip my hat to you and all others that made Cynthia's dreamwish come true and we know in our hearts that Dave will be riding with you forever and always
      god bless!

Comment

You have my best wished also. I was not able to attend, but I wanted to be there. What is important is that, even though some of us never knew him, we can recognize him through his legacy. You play an important part in making sure that his legacy continues.
        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
        Acta Non Verba

Comment

Truly

Truly an emotionally moving time and as was said last week... definitely a "God is smiling on us" moment.

Last week, upper 70's for the ride... this week... freezing ick (even Hermes would find it difficult getting messages through in some places today).
          Great weather, great people... had to be smiled upon by a greater power...

Glad you made it home safely, planedick
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

As promised....

It now has a name.....

As I promised Cindy and as I feel necessary. Bad enough I ride a bike that looks so nice because of someone else's effort.
            You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
            Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
            Drilled airbox
            Tkat fork brace
            Hardly mufflers
            late model carbs
            Newer style fuses
            Oil pressure guage
            Custom security system
            Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...