No announcement yet.

South Puget Sound Toy Run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't IMPLYING.. let alone BOLD letters stating..

VESPA's RULE
    negate and be cause for automatic de-thronement of a moderator on this XS website?? Why doesn't he just admit something like "These XS's are ok... but man.. those Harleys.. now THAT is a real bike!!!"

Tod <<<<<< Defecation stirrer lol.
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Toy run a success..but that depends on how one views it.
      I pulled my Vespa in early and parked alongside the loud and useless.
      I figgered out why there's always so many Harleys there... you see.... this event is advertised in all the local delerships... and as harley riders are always at their dealership for parts and repairs, more of them find out about the ride than do peopp\le with dependable machines.
      Well over four thousand machines, I'd say.
      Saw several Xs1100's and asked the owners why I didn't know them. (actually... with my ego... it was more like."Hey, buddy.... don't you know who I am?

Yes, I ran into DennyZ and Meri. I was looking for Meri's bike to take a picture, but I couldn't find it. Spent about 45 minutes with Denny and Meri 'cause they couldn't find it either!!!!!!!!!!!! Never did find it before it was time to move out.
      I'm sure they were able to locate their bikes after a little while... sitting in the parking lot with all the harleys that wouldn't re-start.
      I counted 5 before I pulled out(and I was close to the front of the pack) Counted 5 dead along the route, too.
      Me, on a Vespa, yeah right. Not a chance, Buddy!
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

&quot;A clarification&quot;

Now... that's not to say that in my professional capacity I didn't decorate a scooter at the shop for seasonal display.
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Switches and coal

If your were a bad boy this year this is what Santa Prom leaves under your tree
          wingnut
          81 SH (Daily Ride)
          81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
          81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
          82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
          81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Okay... here's how it is... (oh... and this is *Meri* typing...) the bikes were in the same place that we left them, but the scenery had changed drastically thanks to about 2000 more motorcycles. We managed to find them in plenty of time... we passed Mr. PROM going the other way during the actual ride downtown and Denny yelled and waived, but the helmet probably cut down the power of his voice... either that or Mr. PROM was too busy trying to control his awsome powermobile.

Here is THE PROMINATOR (Denny's words...) in all his glory. Now, as a woman, I must comment on the XStreme magnetism that the bow-bling of the Vespa and the sexy red boots rendered on my somewhat unprepared and helpless being. We can't decide whether the expression on his face is an attempt at looking sexy for the babes, or if it's just that chili dog he had for lunch.

For you Kat, here is a picture of "Low-la", my new ride. (Low for LOWered...) :-)

DZ
            Vyger, 'F'
            "The Special", 'SF'
            '08 FJR1300

Comment

I... uhmm... errr...

Nice bike, Meri.

Comment

Prometheus speechless(wordless)??????
                DZ
                Vyger, 'F'
                "The Special", 'SF'
                '08 FJR1300

Comment

and a good time was had by all...

prometheus stylin' on his Vespa (and how sharp are those red boots? VERY!) and Meri on Low-la (NICE scoot Meri! now we need a pic of you riding her.... yes, I know... I'm never satisfied )...
                  Dennyz... it certainly looks like you were in good company...

Glad y'all had a good time!
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

I have to hand it to you Pro... I wouldn't have had the Kahones to ride that thing! lol. It reminds me of the moped and fat girls joke.... Never mind! lol. Well.. I guess you WERE getting paid! You man-whore you... I noticed it didn't have quite enough horsepower to blow the little stick-on bows off... some poor shop schmuck will be trying to buff off the sticky residue left over from them Monday morning!

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100

Comment

Hey,

I also noticed the picture in the shop... that black purse on the corner of the bench... what did you do with it while you were walking around looking at bikes Pro? The red boots... the purse... was this one of those Gay Pride meets?? I couldn't help notice the LACK of Snap-on Calendars in the shop around his space...

LOL.. Man I am asking for Pro's wrath aint I? lol

Tod
                      Last edited by trbig; 12-02-2006, 08:21 PM.

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

Prom's da man!!!

I... uhmm... errr...
                        XSactly

OK.....I owe ya one.
                        If/when we meet up beer/drinks/dinner are on me.

mro

Comment

Hi *Meri*

Good looking ride, is it new???

Thanks for the pic of THE PROMINATOR
                          Did not think he would actually ride a Vespa, was XSpecting to see him on a rock...

mro
                          btw
                          front wheel, spoke just above 9 O'C...
                          Couldn't be bent, must be a reflection from behind?

Comment

Just one more

prometheus578

mro

Comment

&quot;T'was the boss's purse, and her camera.&quot;

Man I am asking for Pro's wrath aint I?
                              Trbig...
                              If I may draw your attention to the right side of the photo.
                              Mid-way up... on the peg-board... what looks like ...
                              No, it's not the "male member" yanked offa a medical mannequin... but a similar structure yanked offa the last wise-guy who incurred my "wreath"!

(Female customer saw that hangin' there yesterday..."I'm glad to see that you were able to hang onto yours after your divorce... most men aren't that lucky.")

Comment

I am back at my own computer now... and am compelled to make this comment: Kurt, you are a good sport! It was a fun day. For me, riding smack in the middle of that mob without a single "fo-paw" was an accomplishment that I shall always be proud of.

Kat, there are pics of yours truly, but with me wearing a pair of jeans, snow pants, chaps, two shirts, a fleece jacket, scarf under a riding jacket with armor... I'll be darned if I want to post any! (it's a girl thing...lol) Lowla will just have to do for now.

Meri
                                -Meri
                                "Boldly Going Nowhere"

www.meriwetherphoto.net

Comment

Working...
                                X