No announcement yet.

ALL HAIL the NEW MODERATORS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As one of the lesser I hail the power and knowledge of the ascended.. Let there be rejoicing, much beer and smokey burnouts in the streets of XSland. Construction of the new pyramids shall begin. Long live the Mighty Ones, keepers of all knowledge XSive and defenders of the faith.
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

All hail the new moderators!

or is that... ahhh hell... the new moderators?

Hoping that they will use their new found power in moderation... Also hoping that they will not feel tied to their post here at XS11... but that they will reign with dignity, honor and humility.
      (which will be harder for some than others...)
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Congrats to you all! You are better men than me.....cause if asked I would have said, "Nah, I only take jobs that pay cash, not motorcycle parts".
        Mike Giroir
        79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Bullshirt or paranoia? - You decide!

Why are there no Northeast US moderators?

Comment

You forgot world piece.
            Whirrled peas?
            Is that like that wretched "Green Bean Casserole" that my dear Muttie threatens to bring over tomorrow?
            I'm glad I cook every Thanksgiving.

"Shut up! You'll eat my food... AND LIKE IT!"
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Hey congrats guys.
              Keep up the great work and input that help make this site such a great place to find what you need..
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Do moderators have to do EVERYTHING in moderation?? If so... sorry Kat. John won't be much fun any more and I won't be coming to see him.... I know... and this is a bad thing HOW??!?
                It is kind of confusing.... an XSessive Moderation?? Huh??

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Is his the XS version of being Knighted?

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Y'all r 2 kind

Now ah gotta bust mah own bubbul.

I hope no one thinks we, well me anyway, are in any way any smarter than before. A lot of what I shared, I have learned here, not just by hands on experience. Most of the particulars between the models and years I learned here. It is everybody contributing what they know, and have discovered from working on their on bikes that makes all of this knowledge available. Prom, and DiverRay are, or have been, professional bike mechanics, and they know far more than I do about bikes, especially other makes and models. I only know one make and model.
                    I'll try to do a decent job of moderating, but I hope nobody will think I'm any smarter. Hell, I'm getting older every day, and having a bad case of '70's induced' CRS, I'm actually gettin dummer each day.

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan
                      I think we need a new classification just for me. What do you think of meathead or idiot?
                      Your humble wish is my command....poof!

I'll change it after tomorrow!

Absolute Power Corrupts.....absolutely!
                      T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

MeatHead Idiot Xsive

Your humble wish is my command....poof!
                        May have to log on with one of my other computers when being a smartA$$ after seeing that!!!

mro

Comment

Re: Bullshirt or paranoia? - You decide!

Originally posted by randy
                          Why are there no Northeast US moderators?
                          We still got Gary Granger...isn't 1(ONE) enough?

And I thought DiverRay was in Ill. area...that's pretty close!

John in Texas, Prom in Ca., Me in Va., think we've got the country fairly well covered!
                          T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham
                          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                          History shows again and again,
                          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

2 outa 4 ain't bad

One of you guys need to edit TC's post.

DiverRay was in Ill. ?

Prom in Ca ??

Next, I'm on mars???

mro

Comment

AHH..

But Gary's an ADMINISTRATOR, would that be a higher notch than MODERATOR?

Comment

How you feeling, Diver Ray? I read somewhere that you were Ill.

Me in Ca? Eewww... never again! Too many cars, too many people, TS Massages...

After that "Idiot/Meathead edit...(Which was a riot), TC must have gotten lost in the fog of power!

I'm in complete agreement with John's post.(especially the part about him not getting smarter)
                                Professional.. me? Just because I work at a shop doesn't mean that I know what I'm doing.
                                This site is a great place for me to learn new techniques, share some old ones, and insult strangers with impunity. What more could anyone ask for?
                                What I have noticed and enjoy seeing is... When a new member writes in with, as a 'zample, a carb problem. Within a month or so... he's solving carb related problems for newer members.
                                This is what makes this site function so well, though I still consider him an "upstart" who needs to learn his place.
                                No... my new super powers won't change me. I'll still be just as cranky and mean-spirited as I always was.

Hahahaha.. I'm sitting here just roaring! Some new member or guest is reading posts tonight, casually looking at cool avitars...
                                "Idiot/Meathead... I wonder what's wrong with that guy? Must be a newbie." HAhaahahhaa
                                Last edited by prometheus578; 11-23-2006, 01:15 AM.
                                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
                                X