No announcement yet.

North American XS/XJ rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would offer to do some research on an Ozarks meet.
    There should be some great resorts @ Table Rock Lake and might be a good base for some great rides.
    I agree about the option of short rides on Saturday and some clinics would REALLY help a tinkerer like me .
    And we could do the same thing as Rob and Gary did at the Vintage Jap Rally and set up a short and a long one. With that many, if it was even somewhat national, we might need to set up several rides to some local sights. And I think we could.
    I will admit I have not traveled the roads in several years but would be willing to do som RECON!
    JimBoReeno
    My Ex!"Half-Breed"
    '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
    '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
    2000 Indian Chief
    Millennium Edition

Comment

Hey TomKat, what is GW? I mean, Greyhound would be "GH"...
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Hey Folks,

I thought there had been some talk about organizing a National Rally for the 25th anniversary of the XS/XJ (82 model) in 2007?

They had talked about trying to get Yamaha involved, along with the MEDIA, bike mags, some such things to show the nation/world the great following these machines still have, going strong after 25+ years!!??

I have a good friend in Texas I'd like to visit along the way to the Mid USA rally! Yes, we need some good twisty roads, but scenery is also nice.
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I threw out a suggestion at the Tahoe rally that everyone should get together at Bob Jones' "XS11 Heaven".
          Bob Jones is a nifty dude but i think we should all show up at Ed Burkes house instead since he is the father of all things Special and Maxim
          I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

Table Rock is a good place. I have been there a few times and it is really nice. It may have been a few years, but I rember that there were some cool roads. I definetialy think that we should get the media involved and some magazines. All the time I talk to people who onced owned an XS. Maby not an 1100, but they all say that they miss the classic Jap bikes. I was also just talking to my dad about getting Yamaha involved. If they had a representative that was interested in the outstanding history of their motorcycles, they would definitely apreciate seeing all of these restored XS motorcycles.
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

OK...
              I just shot an email to a resort that offers motorcycle tours around the Ozarks. They are in Eureka Springs, ARK. Their site says,

These tours offer scenic back roads, highways, one-lane bridges, deep valleys with lots of curves, and excellent riding and minimal traffic and spectacular scenery.
              I said we had no idea at this point but might expect 100 -200 riders. Is this too optimistic? In any case I will keep you posted on what I find out.
              JimBoReeno
              My Ex!"Half-Breed"
              '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
              '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
              2000 Indian Chief
              Millennium Edition

Comment

Check out this site.
                http://www.cruisetheozarks.com/
                JimBoReeno
                My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                2000 Indian Chief
                Millennium Edition

Comment

I was going to try and host a 25th anniversary rally in the middle of the country. Started the planning, tried to get Yamaha to help sponser and all the rest of the yadada. But with only a weekend here and there, was not going to be enough time for me to devote to the planning. I think it would be great to have at least one, centralized rally on a very significant date, ( 25th of the XS, and the 10th of the XS/XJ owners. ) Someone with more time on their hands and mabee a little bit more pull with the bigwigs at Yamaha, may have better luck. I'll be more then happy to assist were I can ( T-shirts, hats, etc.. ) I'll even ride down on MIYAMI and let SWMBO take the truck..
                  S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                  1-big XS patch
                  1-small XS/XJ patch
                  1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                  1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                  2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                  1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                  1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

I'm with Diver Ray........Colo. state line...........either end........the best variety of riding in the U.S. of A.!........but I'm pregidious.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

The one that steps up as the host of a rally gets to do as they please ther is a lot of work puttng together a rally like xseast and xswest are going to happen any how .

The real qustinon is who going to step up?

XSively
                      Bruce
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.
                      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Maby two or 3 people that live within a hundred miles of the location of each other can collect information to put it together? So have we decided Colorado as the state? Either Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, or Missoruri will work. I have seen some good photos of the Missouri Ozarks that look nice. I have driven through the Colorado mountains many times by car and that is really fun. As far as I know, Nebraska is flat. I place my bets on Colorado because I have actually seen the awesomeness. Who gets to make the final decision? Maby someone could make a poll/voteto decide the state. Then which ever state is decided, the people who are most familiar get to make the final decisions.
                        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                        Acta Non Verba

Comment

It's like Bruce said;

Build it and they will come!

Comment

"Oh, my achin'..."

I, too am of the opinion that... after riding a thousand miles to get somewhere, the last thing I'd want to do is ride some more. Sure, a short scenic group ride would be nice, but I'd be just as content to sit around drinking and making fun of other's machines.
                            Colorado would be nice... (and not just because I ride out there anyway every year... at the end of August. hint, hint.)
                            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

North American ralley

I personally talk to
                              bob Jones fairly often and since I only live about a 100 miles away from his xs11 shop I can ask him if hes interested in hosting all the xs11"s there. Hes got a lot of cool xs"s there and he's got up graded models he's working on all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X