No announcement yet.

To wave or not to wave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give the 2 fingers up on the clutch hand or simple open left hand to the side FOR EVERY BIKER I SEE NO MATTER WHAT. If my clutch hand is busy I will nod.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I will generally wave to everyone, with a few qaulifications.

In the city, I will only wave when traffic permits. And I don't normally wave at motorcycles going the other way on interstates or bige divided lanes roads. Bikes on my side of the raod will get a wave, tho.

On little 2 laners, tho I wave. Sometime they wave back, sometimes they don't. If they don't, it actually make me feel better than them, since they are obivously having issues of some kind.
      I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

I used to ride in a nice pair of orange fleece gloves. I think they were officially hunting gloves but they were warm and comfortable. When I wave I normally give the combination wave peace sign. After a few weeks I realized the index finger on my gloves had a black nylon cover to aid in shooting, so when i waved against my chaps or a dark background my index finger disapeared into the background. this of clourse left my blaze orange middle finger wagging in the wind. needless to say I switched gloves.

Comment

Hey kf4anm...
          Can I buy those gloves offa' ya?
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Now see, if you gave the "hang loose" sign it wouldn't matter!
            E.Liberty
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
            X