To wave or not to wave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To wave or not to wave.

I've noticed that there are a lot of fellow that will not wave back when you meet on the road. They can be riding on just about any kind of bike. I remember that it used be that everyone would wave Wonder why it's different now? Just wondered you do.
    Always try to wave first.
    12.96%
    Always try to wave first and always wave back
    83.33%
    Only wave to certain kinds of bikers
    0.00%
    Never wave.. no matter what
    3.70%
    78E ... Gone but not forgotten
    2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

I always wave...if I can spare a hand at the moment anyway...
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Me too...

I always wave...if I can spare a hand at the moment anyway...
      Then there are times when I just don't see them until it's a bit late... I try to give others the benefit of the doubt that maybe they just didn't see me either.

Of course... there ARE those others who I KNOW see but just don't wave... to which I say...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Just Friendly By Nature!

I always wave and wave back. I figure when you ride a classic vintage bike you are truning heads anyway.

I don't take it personal when some riders get that tough-guy, can't be bothered look and choose not to wave. I just figured they are deaf from the noise and half blind from vibration and didn't see me! Or their hands are asleep from the ape hangers so they are afraid to let go!
        JimBoReeno
        My Ex!"Half-Breed"
        '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
        '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
        2000 Indian Chief
        Millennium Edition

Comment

Always do if I can do it without endangering my rig. I figure the HD guys dont do it very often 'cause they will go into an instant low speed wobble. Or the change in aerodynamics will drop 'em down another few MPH.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I Think that the people that have been riding longer are more likely to wave.

XSively
            Bruce
            Bruce Gerken
            '79 XS1100SF
            "The Black"
            '2009 BMW k1300GT'
            The Red Sled.
            St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I try to wave when safe to do so but sometimes I just get tired of waving. On a nice weekend I might pass 10 or more bikes in a mile or two and I just get tired of it. You end up with your left hand off the bars more than it's on. I just want to kick back and enjoy the ride. If bikes are few and far between then I try to always wave.
              Original owner of 1980
              Midnight Special

Comment

I always wave, unless I am caught at a stop light or pulling away when the clutch hand is busy.

I also own a Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler owners share the wave too (except for those few who don't get what owning a Wrangler is all about and just in it for the fashion show..)
                Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

You end up with your left hand off the bars more than it's on.
                  Gee, thats the way I normally ride.

I usually wave, or wave back if I see the other rider(s) in time. Since I have a throttle lock, like to wave with my right hand; it occasionally provokes an interesting reaction.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I pretty much always wave. Although recently, after much frustration, I have developed what I like to call "The V-Twin Wave." Sure, everybody misses a wave now and then. Sometime, like wildcat said, by the time I notice the other bike and that they are already waving it is simply too late. But, there are those timeswhen you KNOW the other rider (for me 99% of the time it's a Harley ) sees you wave and is just too much of an ass to wave back. For these folks I developed my new wave. You can probably guess where this is going . With plenty of time for the other biker notice I send out the usual wave. I hold it there. Then when it is obvious that the wave is not going to be returned, the wave transforms its friendly shape into that of a bird (sometimes refered to as THE Bird). I got a whole group of Hardly riders the other day . After all, what's it gonna hurt? It's not like they could catch me
                    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I usually try to use all my fingers.
                      XS1100SF
                      XS1100F

Comment

I always wave and or wave back.
                        Your right, the worst are the Hardly Ever Waverson bunch, I think it it because their skull caps are on too tight and they're shaking so bad they can't focus on anything in particular.
                        Just my thought
                        ED
                        Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
                        XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

My wave...

I always try to wave first, no response gets the two hand wave. If they don't wave, at least it will turn their heads. LOL
                          You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                          Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                          Drilled airbox
                          Tkat fork brace
                          Hardly mufflers
                          late model carbs
                          Newer style fuses
                          Oil pressure guage
                          Custom security system
                          Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

i wave no matter what, i even risk my life to do it , i even wave at the people on the other side of the freeway median, , were going by at the equvilent of 160 mph. j/k.
                            some people may be timid and i don't take it personally, i even harrass the arogant harley types, and i wave at their girlfriends behind them..
                            "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                            History
                            85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                            79 yamaha xs1100f
                            03 honda cbr 600 f4
                            91 yamaha fzr 600
                            84 yamaha fj 1100
                            82 yamaha seca 750
                            87 yamaha fazer
                            86 yamaha maxim x
                            82 yamaha vision
                            78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Harley riders and Goldwingers... until I got my Goldwing anyway. Now just Harley riders, thier too busy holding it together.
                              1979 XS1100 SF
                              Under Construction,
                              Due out by Spring '07
                              "Some days, it ain't even worth chewing through the restraints."

TomKat

Comment

Working...
                              X