wassup with the webmaster???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wassup with the webmaster???

Efforts to add some pics to my post earlier totally failed ... I'm not new to computers but I'll be dammned if I could get photo to go into my post ... so I hit the contact button and asked. The link to the webmaster failed out too ...... so can someone please tell me how I can a add a pic from My Pictures to my post? :-) I don't understand the syntax offered in the help screen and/or I can't seem to make it work ... :-(
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

photodump.com

Hi!
    A lot of people here use photodump to upload their pics... You can then either transfer the file from there or link to it. It's free and guides you through the steps... though you are limited to 3 uploads per day (I believe)
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

All you need to do is to click on the search tab on top of this page and look for any posts pertaining to pic posting. TopCatGR58 has a very good post containing all the info you will need to post a pic. You have to upload the pic to a pic hosting site such as Photodump, or Photobucket, and then you can insert the link to your pic in a thread here. Pretty easy once you've done it a couple of times. I am a 'puter dummy and if I can do it, you'll certainly have no trouble.
      Last edited by John; 11-02-2006, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Does it take room in here to leave the pictures linking to photobucket? I never delete the pics in the posts so that they will make sense to someone at a later date. There is a huge amount of storage for these smaller pics in that site, so I just leave them there. If it is taking any room in here to leave them, I will go get rid of some.

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey Tod,

No, the links to photos on the OFF SITE photo hosting sites only require the space for the text, just like a message, so it doesn't count against the server space! I'll touch base with Gary Granger(66) again and see if I can get a reply from JP Honeywell as to the possibility of increasing our server space for the site for photos? Don't know what it costs to pay for hosting, or how much space is being used by the photos and such.

If I have to I'll open up some other memberships/accounts on PhotoDump and use it to post the new photos for future tech tips!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

duhh......thanks

OK ... use an FTP site, eh? .... I belong to some other forums and I just don't recall uploading pics thataway before. I'm sure it's a save space up there somewhere. 'Sokay by me, though. Thank you all very kindly for the replies ... I'm sure I'll have plenty of other (hopefully better) questions before I finish this basket-and-a-half case I just bought.
            80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
            79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I would use my ftp site, but my computers aren't on all of the time. Otherwise, it is a good idea
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

epiloque

I played with a couple of sites, Photodump, Webshots and finally Photobucket. As far as getting started, I liked the Photobucket site best .... pretty nice. I uploaded some pics on there and liked the interface. It looks real easy to use like another poster stated. Thx again.

One more comment .... this XS site is a very lively one, indeed ... it's truely humbling to see such an excellent member respose to my insignificant frustration over photo uploads.
                80G Mini-bagger

Past XS11s

Comment

Hey, guys, don't overlook the fact that your ISP usually gives storage space on their server along with your subscription. Mine gives me 15Mb, so I store my photos there.

Comment

I just emailed Gary(66) and am awaiting his reply, or JP's (XS11 webmaster)since I asked for his email address, or Gary might forward my message to JP, but I inquired about whether he was still interested in "running" or keeping XS11.com? Asked about what it would take to acquire more server space for tech photos, how much it costs to run XS11.com, etc.!

In the mean time, I've gotten around the server space, I activated the other 5 email accounts my ISP provides(total 7), and I get 10mb web server space for each ! That should keep me with tech tip photo posting space for a while!

I just posted a new tip in the maintanence, wheels section on manual tire changing. There is already a great tip there, I really have just supplied some photos to help the newbies better see and understand the process!
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                    X