Motorcycle Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Insurance

I have been price comparing motorcycle insurance. Is there any other good insurance company besides State Farm, Progressive Geico and USSA? So far I found that Geico is the cheapest.

This is the quote:

Liability 100K, 300K, 50K Property damage $129.00
    100 Deductible comprehensive $44.00
    100 Deductible collision $145.00
    Uninsured 100K, 300K, 50K property damage $121.00

For a grand total of $439.00 per year.

Is this good? Thanks in advance.

Norm

Norm
    XJ1100
    nhs1@comcast.net

Check Dairyland Insurance. They have great rates here in Texas.
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

My wife and I use progressive on 2cars and 2 cycles- mainly for roadside assistance coverage-. She has used it twice for her shadow to be brought back home.

Comment

Hey there Norm,

You're going to be wasting your money on the Comp/Coll, cause these bikes aren't worth that much, and most insurance companies will only pay you for repairs up to the value of the vehicle, then total it, and then that's it.

Heck, you've seen that it's cheaper to repair it yourself in most situations. Plus you dish out $200 for it, then another $200 deductables, and you're $400 in the hole for any repairs. I only have the minimun required by my state, Liability. If you have to have Uninsured Motorist, then oh well, but you can still save about $200 a year on Comp/Coll.. Most of the time, it's going to be the other guys fault....get their insurance to pay for the repairs!! Just some thoughts! Now, where's that Gecko??
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Norm,

Insurance rates vary greatly by state/country etc. Also how is your driving record? How many years of experience? To get a good idea you would need to get answers from people in your own state. I am in NY and have full coverage on a 2001 Honda Nighthawk, 1997 Bandit 1200, 2000 Triumph Trophy, and just liability on the XS11. Total is LESS than you were quoted for one bike! I have GMAC (Intergon) insurance, this is the stuff that rider magazine pushes. If it is available in your state you may want to check them out.

http://www.GMACpolicy.com/
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Just be glad your not in Ontario, there's only one real insurance company that will insure motorcycles over 700cc. I pay $1580 a year for basic insurance (That's the total after GST). $1580 a year for a bike that's worth (according to them) $350.
            1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

I pay $50 per year for the minimum liability (50/50/25) , to be legal, to get tags.
              Progressive Insurance.
              JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
              7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Comment

Both me and my two sons are insured with Dairyland. They offered the best rates here in Utah.
                Bob Udy

Comment

Dairyland? That must be the "udder insurance company". Sorry couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by T1ny
                    Just be glad your not in Ontario, there's only one real insurance company that will insure motorcycles over 700cc. I pay $1580 a year for basic insurance (That's the total after GST). $1580 a year for a bike that's worth (according to them) $350.

Tiny, try these guys:

The Personal Insurance Co. Of Canada
                    1-888-277-6481

A friend has his XS insured with them, think he said it runs him about $600Cdn a year. I have my Kaw550 insured with Kingsway for $400 a year.
                    Brian
                    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                    remembering the same thing!

Comment

Brian: Thanks will call them today... I'm with Kingsway now and just can't get over how much more they are charging me for this one, my '82 650 Special was only $590 a year. Amazing what a few more cc's does to the rates. I've also been claim free since I was 16.

I'll let you know if this company is any better.

Comment

Be sure to inquire about employer discounts when you call. Apparently, they will discount your premium if you work for certain compainies.
                        Brian
                        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                        remembering the same thing!

Comment

Wow! I called and they quoted me only $504 a year. Saving me over $1,000.

Their rates on my car are a bit higher, but I'm going to move the bike there in Feburary when this policy expires. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X