Goldwing Handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldwing Handlebars

wanting to replace the bars on my 81LH with a set of black "goldwing" bars. Does anyone have the width, rise, and pullback dimensions for the standard goldwing bars?

Painted bars

FYI: The XS requires the bars be grounded to enable the starter. The starter button provides a ground to engage the starter solenoid. The bar mounts and an area under the starter button/throttle housing needs to be bare metal OR a ground wire installed and run to the chassis.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Comment

Hey Brian,

I just got back from the VJMC in Suches, Ga., I ride with the older GW bars, but I'm rather tired and doing requisite laundry and such, so I'll try to get out there tomorrow after work and measure them for you, if someone else doesn't chime in with the dimensions!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Brian, Mine look to be about:
        Width - 32in
        Rise - 7in
        Pullback - 10in.
        I believe they are the same bars that TC has so maybe he can verify.
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

Hey Brian,

Depends on where you take the measurements, inside bend to inside bend at clamps to TT are 8" wide;

about 8" rise measuring along the length and angle of the bar;

about 11-12" pull back, again measuring along the bar itself;

and also about 32" wide bar end to end.

BTW, Kennewick58 just posted that he won/ordered a set from Ebay, received 2, might be willing to sell you the other set?? You could PM him. Also, you could paint or powdercoat them, might need to have them sandblasted or such to get the paint to stick to the chrome?
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

wing bars

I really like my goldwing bars, of course they are attached to my goldwing. They are quite comfortable. when looking on ebay try using "gl1100" for your search.

Comment

kf4anm, I was thinking the same thing. Also if I put GW bars on my XS, should I attempt XS bars on my GW?
              1979 XS1100 SF
              Under Construction,
              Due out by Spring '07
              "Some days, it ain't even worth chewing through the restraints."

TomKat

Comment

not the other way

my friend bought an 82 gl100 aspy that the po had put some smaller bars on. they were not as wide and had more of a pullback. it was most awkward to get on it after riding my 83 with the stock bars. the whole leverage thing didn't feel right with the big fairing.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Was looking for new/replica bars to make the change to black chrome more affordable (less work).
                  So far, seems that Cycle-Re-Cycle has the best price - unless I wanted to shell out some big $$ for a set from Flanders

Comment

crc

oddly enough i live about 20 minutes from crc. its on the east side of indy. its a rather neat place to visit. they have a lot and i mean alot of older jap bike parts. the owner is very knowledgeable and probably could arbitrarily identify any radom part by make and model. unfortunately some times he comes across as a real pecker, but they do have some decent prices. I bought the replacement tranny and a lot of parts for my xj there.

Comment

Working...
                    X