X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of setbacks

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
    Hey Rob,

Once I finally get my Garage cleaned out and the "stuff" into the SHED, then I will have lots of room to "play" in my Garage/ makeshift machine shop, and I already have the 1" thick stock aluminum that I have planned on using the try to duplicate the 1" "setbacks" that you might want to use? Hope you're not in a big hurry?

Do a search for setbacks, there were some links posted for some that are just straight UP that might work for your application and not too pricey! But if you want the ~1" up and ~1" back towards the seat, then those are very pricey at $100.00 us for a pair, I'm sure I can make them much cheaper!
    T.C.

"a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
    History
    85 Yamaha FJ 1100
    79 yamaha xs1100f
    03 honda cbr 600 f4
    91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

My German is so rusty I don't know that I would be able to complete the deal. It has been too many years since I studied the language in college.

I would still like to see the pictures.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Re: pics of setbacks

Originally posted by mason79
        Those are handlebar set bikes like used on bikes with touring fairings so the bars won't whack the fairing.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hey Mason,

Thanks for the pics. It was late that night when I posted my reply, didn't have brain in full gear, I misinterpreted his statement of rearsets for setbacks !

But those setbacks are different design than what I have, those are just STRAIGHT BACK style, the ones I have are back and UP!

I think the back and up ones are possibly a bit stronger cause there more material and it's thicker between the OEM position and the setback position. But I realizes that 6061 aluminum is pretty strong, and at that thickness, it would take a big "drop" to cause them to break!

We now return this thread to it's original topic!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

We are talking about handlebars right? What is all the chit chat about foot controlls? Those european foot controlls look similar to what I saw on ebay ebay is cool Every time I try to read this thread, I get confused. I guess my new status describes me accurately I love it!
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan
              We are talking about handlebars right? What is all the chit chat about foot controlls? Those european foot controlls look similar to what I saw on ebay ebay is cool Every time I try to read this thread, I get confused. I guess my new status describes me accurately I love it!
              We got side tracked about rear sets because rear sets are usually required for low bars like the club men bars.
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
              X