and then SWMBO said...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and then SWMBO said...

Something SWMBO wrote after a nice ride we had the other day. I liked it and thought I'd share.

here so close staring blankly into the reflection of the road behind me so far away. its so quiet inside my helmet, here only with my thoughts. meditating, flying, 70 miles an hour, serenenity is so tangiable sometimes. the solw rumble of the engine cuts our trail in space. connected to the earth only by two fleeting traces, now so distant. miles behind where weve been. forty degrees might be cold, so far away lost in the depths of my thoughts i can only feel my deep cleansing breaths. its truly liberating. classes, time, responsibility so far away now. we'll go back later, back to the necessary. here only with our desert island floating in the vast nothingness of the fog. relaxed, floating. i always imagined that i would feel lonley here, locked up without any walls, left here olny with the thoughts and regrets that await me. no wonder he is so addicted. soon we'll stop for our chilled bodies, a nice coffee, then its back from the ephimerial.too bad this time we'll have to take the exit back to life. too bad the good days are always shorter than the rest.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Long trips on open highways allow the mind to wander. After a while, everything harmonizes and becomes in tune. No conscious effort required... lane changes are done by pure thought. Nice to fly and let the mind wander.
    too bad this time we'll have to take the exit back to life.
    I liked that line the best
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

What is even better is if you have two of the same bike running at the same RPM late at night. It is like a couple of jet engines starting up when you hear the "beats." With cool moist air you really get the "cleansing breaths."
      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

.. Wow, good woman Jessy

too bad this time we'll have to take the exit back to life. too bad the good days are always shorter than the rest.
        i liked that part the best too

Comment

OK, I give up

Kerowak has nothing on her.
          By th' by: what the heck does SWMBO stand for?
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

she who must be obeyed. I know, it took me a while to figure out too.
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Wow

More true words could not be spoken... pass along the kudos to your SO... VERY well written

(Hey E.Liberty... that SWMBO thing... doesn't mean ANYthing )
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

(Hey E.Liberty... that SWMBO thing... doesn't mean ANYthing )

Yea Right,

A guys gota sleep sometime.

mro
                btw
                Fastest way to a mans heart?
                Through his chest with a sharp knife

Comment

I may have to amend my statement

Fastest way to a mans heart?
                  Through his chest with a sharp knife
                  Truer words have never been spoken...

I'm sorry 81xsproject for tainting your post, it really is a lovely sentiment she wrote and thank you for sharing it here. You have to ride to know that feeling...
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Thanks for informing me. Told my better half ( as I refere to my SWMBO,) she puzzeled: single woman motor babe... no... special woman motor bitch...no. I'm almost afraid to tell her. She really dosn't need any encouragement!

But as to what started this thread: Screw "The Zen of Motorcycle Mechanics." Up the Zen of mororcycle RIDING!" Ya sure, two XS11's riding side by side at night, the hormonics created, the mindspace invaded... the only possable comparison might be the union of sun (wind) earth (boat) and sea (water) afforded by sailing.
                    E.Liberty
                    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                    I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

"Sailing...?"

The only sailor worth his salt was Popeye!

"You say that I am ignoring the time-honored traditions of the Royal Navy? And what might those be? I shall tell you in three words—rum— buggery—and the lash!" ―Winston Churchill
                      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

hmm, anyone heard of keel-hauling
                        Acta Non Verba

Comment

Prometheus,

You may not have heard, Popeye died. Ate some of that bad spinach.

Bob
                          #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                          #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                          '97 V-Max
                          '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Make mine a heavy shot of Rum....hold the buggery and the lash, please.
                            Mike Giroir
                            79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Geez, after that I need a smoke, cold beer and, "now where is the remote?"
                              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                              X