PNW ride tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch!

I just joined this list so that I could publicly say thank you Denny…you know why… and also to say to Kurt I’m glad you made it home safe and sound and to thank you for the really nice things you PM’d about me last night… and now… I had no idea I slid “gracefully”! I don’t THINK SO. lol I was just trying not to end up under the bike. I learned a good lesson yesterday about first rain and slick roads. That, and posted speed limits, don’t always mix. I rode those turns a bunch of times with Denny during the summer, no problemo. Limping home in the rain without a visor weren’t no picnic neither. I’m with you Kurt. I will NEVER ride without a full-face helmet. This one took a lickin’ and kept on tickin’. Even though Denny and I agree, I shouldn’t have this bump on head, my face owes it a debt of gratitude.

I went in to work this morning and left after sitting for two hours, getting stiffer by the minute. I needed some pain killer and comfort food. Came home and just about OD’d on Motrin and chocolate ice cream. It’s gonna hurt for a while! Especially this goose egg on my forehead. Today I look a little bit like a Klingon without the ridges. Good thing I had that big armored jacket and some leather under the banana OmpahLoompah suit… My poor boots though. Less than a month old and already battled scarred. <sigh>

It was good to meet Kurt, Jason & Britney regardless. I look forward to the next time we all get together for a jaunt… preferably when it’s DRY out!

Meri

Ps. Wildkat, and the others… thank you for your thoughts. Most appreciated. J
    -Meri
    "Boldly Going Nowhere"

www.meriwetherphoto.net

Comment

'Welcome to the show, Meri.&quot;

Yeah... I did the Motrin and ice cream thing, too. (and the methocarbamol and oxycodone thing for that "Comfortably Numb" effect)
      I look a little bit like a Klingon
      Would that be that female that Lt. Worf was once mated with? She was HOT, but a little too snippy fer me!
      I too, would like to know what brand o' helmet allowed that bump on your noggin.
      HHmmm.. it was either a bad helmet... allowing a bump. Or a good helmet... allowing ONLY a bump.

thank you for the really nice things you PM’d about me
      Note to readers: Meri is still suffering from that knock on the head, as I haven't said anything nice about anyone since the Hoover Administration
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Welcome Meri!

Chocolate ice cream makes most things better... of course... so does Prometheus's comfortably numbing idea.

As for the graceful sliding... it never looks as good from the driver's point of view as it does from the watcher's vantage point.

81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

HHmmm.. it was either a bad helmet... allowing a bump. Or a good helmet... allowing ONLY a bump.
          It might be somewhat naive, but I've decided to opt for the latter, thankyouverymuch.
          Would that be that female that Lt. Worf was once mated with?
          While not nearly as hot, yes... a Klingon/Human mix is what I had in mind. I didn't go into detail because I didn't think that many outside a Star Trek forum would appreciate the subtle differences.
          As for the graceful sliding... it never looks as good from the driver's point of view as it does from the watcher's vantage point.
          And you, Wildkat, should know. I didn't want to... but I had to LOL when I read about your experience. Ex husband & new wife watching, anniversary... oh the humiliation! You're clearly an amazing woman to have survived that ordeal.

Ahhhh yes. The chocolate was good and the Motrin did the trick. Today is another day and this girl is heading off to work. Happy Tuesday!

Meri
          -Meri
          "Boldly Going Nowhere"

www.meriwetherphoto.net

Comment

Working...
          X