Annual Texas Rides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Texas Rides?

I am looking to take some Texas Tours when my bike is running again. Anybody know of any annual rides in Texas, and when they are, or a website I can check out? I know there is a big one in Ruidoso, NM this weekend. However, my bike is not in that great of shape at this time... Would like to go to one more along in the springtime though, by then I should be able to ride more than a few hours at a time.
    Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

How long before the bike is running? Were having the TeXSive Rally 2002 in just a few weeks (Sept. 27-29).

But if your looking for more Texas events I recomend joining the TMRA, Texas Motorcycle Riders Association Their web site has alot of upcoming events listed. They also have a great montly publication called "Daimlers Folly" that has all the Texas info about rides, rallies, friendly riding competitions etc. My personal favorite (although I havent been in many years) is their annual Hill Country Rally.

Another good resource is Texmoto Magazine They too have great info about Texas rides and events. They also have a section on their website called 'Favorite Rides', where people have maped out their fav rides for you to check out.

Ride Safe, and may your bike run soon.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

The ROT rally in Austin around the end of May is a must-see. (Wet "T" pics are here. Check out their website.

Also the Spi-bikefest at South Padre (Spetember/October) is a good time. "Roar by the Shoar" is what they call it . . . they usually have pretty good concerts, and the Matamoras run is a blast. Their website.

Both of these are all bike rallys . . . tho there are LOTS of Harleys. You would be surprised how much attention one Midnight Special will get in a sea of same-sames.

I did a extensive write-up on last year's SPI. This year's should be even better, as it is back on the beach (the causeway had been knocked down by a barge last year). I am not sure I am going to make this one . . .
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrider
        The ROT rally in Austin around the end of May is a must-see. (Wet "T" pics are here. Check out their website.
        Well Danny, was that a wet-T contest or a NO-T contest?!

Comment

Well, if everything goes well, this week-end I will have my exhaust. My turn signal lamps should be in this week also (from the 100MPH winds that knocked my bike over.) If I am really lucky, I may also get my Speedometer working again so I don't go too fast

All in all, I am hoping for a lot this weekend.

My buddy just got last years tax return back (Long Story) and he wants a bike also. If we can find him a good one he likes, I may bring him down also, but I doubt he will get an xs11/xj11. I hope this does not cause any conflict with the TexSive Rally... His not being of the better bikes and all I will try, maybe some of you could help me look over my bike, and get some ideas on fixes...
          Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

Comment

First of all good luck on all the repairs and parts this weekend.

As far as other (non-XS/Xj) bikes coming, ALL are welcome. Its all about riding. I would even allow a Hardley LOL.
            Besides we can't discriminate against someone just because they didn't have the wherewithal to choose a superior bike!

As far as pointers about your bike, absolutely. Im sure any one of us going would love to talk about bike mods etc. (I imagine that our bikes will be the highest topic of discussion)

Comment

Well Danny, was that a wet-T contest or a NO-T contest?!
              This one was TAME . . . you should have seen the one from the year before!
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer

Comment

if by some massive stroke of luck(which i'm not prone to) i got to go to TeXSive... it would prolly be on a Harley, or actually a Panzer, as my XS still needs new tires and tags and inspection.. and such..lol But Ya'll have fun there without me.. i might get to come one year..lol
                Shawn
                78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                78 XS1100E Parts
                www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Come on . . . on your Harley . . . or Panzer . . . or XS . . . just come. Heck, I'm coming on a Valkyrie, and LtL is coming on a Lizard lounge . . .
                  CUAgain,
                  Daniel Meyer

Comment

Daniel, i have one tiny little thing stopping me from coming... lack of Money... lol ...always spoils all my fun...i'll make it one of these times... just not in a position to right now...
                    Shawn
                    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                    78 XS1100E Parts
                    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

I understand completely, and we will tip one in your honor . . . as well as for all the other XSives that cannot make it . . .

Let's see . . . 700 some XSives . . . only a dozen or so coming to TeXSive . . . uh oh . . . lot's of tipping going on in Kerrville . . .
                      CUAgain,
                      Daniel Meyer

Comment

Working...
                      X