Some great reading on performance tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great reading on performance tuning

I just got done doing some really great reading on the subject of intake and exhaust tuning. The article is very well written and I learned a lot. Of course we have our own experts/guru's around here and was wondering what everyone thought about it. Everyone should read this. Even though it was written about old Beamer bikes, the concepts are still the same. I got it off the a link on KZR. Enjoy
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

I not expecting fast responses It took me about a week of here and there to finally get through the reading. I REALLY enjoyed the part about variable tract length intakes and the results of 3 horsepower per cubic inch Amazing! Mostly I just wanted to see if anyone will pull out thier bull$hit card
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

These types of articles never seem to give any real facts or figures, you can read them till your head starts to overload with numbers/figures/ flow charts/ blah blah etc.. etc... but none of it is ever really substantial... The statement "Modifications for power or torque are PART science ... and a large amount of experimentation" - yep, I can agree with that one. But conflicting statements like "You will get more power, perhaps lots more, if you get cooling air to the airbox" followed by "Forget ram air, below 130mph the effects are extremely tiny" straight away kills any credibility the article has...

Comment

A good read. What he doesn't mention is that the effects of varying intake / exhaust systems is more obvious in 2-strokes, such as older snowmobile engines or dirt bikes. Its getting that balance for your proposed use that is the real challenge!
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
        X