Damn golfers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn golfers!!

Check this out. I was following my buddy home from our boss' house just the other day. He was riding his Katana 600 and I was right behind him in my car (My bike was in pieces at the time). We were doing about 60 on one of the roads leading into town which is right next to Ballston Spa Country Club, when all of a sudden what comes fliing out into the road but a damn golfball. It was heading right at my buddies front tire. I immediately hit the brake in case he hit it and went down but he didn't. He went to hammer on the throttle but at the last second desided not to and jammed the brakes. The ball missed his front tire by inches. It all happened in about a second and a half but it was like it was in slowmotion. When we got to the next light, I pulled up next to him and he says "Did you see that golfball!...Damn wannabe Tiger Woods we have in this town!" Its funny now but at the time it wasn't. Just goes to show you that danger lurkes at every turn.
    Jake
    82 XJ1100 "Slave One"

*Thick Scottish accent

Sandy: Carl I want you to kill all the gophers on the golf course

Carl Spackler: Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.

Sandy: Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers, rodents!

Carl Spackler: We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

Man I loved Caddyshack back in the day!

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

"Licensed by the government of the United Nations to kill gophers..."

"They're like the Viet Cong, the Varmit Cong..."

"Were you hurt in the War?" "No, Homo..."

It's a classic!!
      Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
      78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
      02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

So you can ride a 600 AND have balls.....
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

I can tell you one just as good [bad/worse?]
          Our local High School is located right beside the golf course, and so is the four-lane, Rt. 19.
          One evening, about 25 yrs. ago or so [I'd already graduated] the school buses were taking the students home VIA Rt. 19.
          It was summer time and one bus in particular had all the windows down when -- -- --- -- -- flying thru an open window came a golf ball! It struck a student [now my neighbor] in the head and actually knocked him out! Yes, he took a trip to the hospital too.
          Imagine the impact to a biker wearing, say a shorty half-helment, if struck in the cheek or face!
          To this day there is still nothing except a standard height, chain link fence between the golf course and Rt. 19!
          AND -- --- -- a co-worker had a ball hit the front bumper of his truck recently. On his bumper you can make out even the dimples on the golf ball!
          FWIW, it's only a 50mph speed limit on Rt. 19 past this golf course.
          Anyone traveling Rt. 19 near Summersville, WV BEWARE!! [not to mention the speed traps!]
          Ride Safe,
          Greg
          '80 XS1100-G
          '87 GL1200-I
          '93 KLX650-C

Comment

Road Hazards

Have had no goof ball's come at me but two weeks ago was going from hy 580 to 680. On the clover leaf there was a plumbing truck who had just lost a load of pipe fittings. Lucky was only going 25 mph or would not have been able to avoid em.

mro

Comment

Many years ago I was driving by a school where they apparently were having a Phys Ed class in golfing. A ball comes out of nowhere and smacks my car in the passenger side door. Car was a green color and you could see the dimples from the ball quite clearly. Glad I was not on my bike, would have been hit in the side about waist high. Can't take any driving situation for granted, always look out for something unexpected....
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Doesn't sound like fun, and I thought I had it bad just fighting off birds and falling squirls.

Ed Z.
                It's an 80 LG My Midnight Ride
                81 XJ650 MAXIM The Preachers Bike (Gone but not forgotten)
                82 KZ 305 CSR Training Wheels (now my daughters)
                82 GS 850 GL SWMBO's (HER RIDE)

'He who wanders is not always lost."

Comment

Working...
                X