Bloody Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bloody cars

Had a small win today apart from harder exercises. I saw the accident report and it said it was an MBA (motor bike accident) naturally I protested and said it was not an MBA but a motor car accident that I was involved in so they agreed and changed it to MVA (motor vehicle accident)
    Ex missus came to see me today, she was sympathetic??????? a couple of my kids came with her

Comment

Went out for a walk last night (Monday) with me walking stick at 11pm and decided to try sitting in the Toyota the way they told me at physio....that went ok.
      Well then I thought try the peddles hmmm, lets see if I can start it, so far so good.
      Not so hard moving from accelerator to brake. Lets try a drive around the block.
      That went off without a hitch so I went to the accident seen (just around the corner from home) to try and find some bits, no luck.
      Oh well while I'm out may as well go to Marrickville about 20k/s and check the mail, that went ok.
      Got home totally stuffed but chuffed but would not try to do it in traffic yet.

Comment

Glad you are feeling better! Of course I assume that is what you said as I need an interperter....

Stuffed = ?

Chuffed = ?
        JimBoReeno
        My Ex!"Half-Breed"
        '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
        '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
        2000 Indian Chief
        Millennium Edition

Comment

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

This link may help you :-))

Comment

Glad to read that you are doing better! Hopefully you'll be back on two wheels in no time.

You said the bike wasn't too bad... How's it looking?

(thanks for putting the link to the slang... MOST enjoyable read)
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Love the dictionary link. I spent a few weeks in Perth back in the 80's courtesy the US Navy and loved the place. I wish I would have known the ex was going to depart the pattern a year later, I'd have stayed, married me a Shiela just to have her talk to me. Gawd, that aussie (excuse me, ozzy) accent is sexy when vented from a blonde soprano...
              Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
              78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
              02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Sent a yahoo pix site also....one problem, that is a hairy ass maybe should have X rated them .
                Bike bits are slowly coming together but just a couple of parts are hard to get (original) front blinker stems and handle bars, should have bought some up when it was new, oh well maybe next time.
                Not supposed to throw my leg over for 2 months they say, but will take that long to get back together that is when I can bend down to do it.

Comment

I know how you feel Mate

I had to wait a 2 1/2 months after my accident before I was in shape to rebuild my bike. As soon as the Dr took me out of the back brace I started tearing the bike apart, and replacing the frame and other bent pieces. I could only work 3-4 hours a day, and took me two months, but dammit, I did it.
                  Take it easy, and don't rush anything. You don't want to reinjure yourself.

Comment

Bloody cars

After 7 weeks this is the scare, They did the op with a laser and internal stiches, took about 3 hours and I can now walk short distances without the stick and almost get up stairs.
                    Thanks guys for the support such a great group.

Comment

Bloody Cars

Well I'm back to work but only 3 days/week 6hours/day and a 10 minute break every hour (O.H.S. rules)
                      Even that is a bit tiring but I don't tell them that.
                      Almost got all the bits together to fix the bike just need to get the clour codes for Ruby Red and Yamaha Silver for the Tank and side covers but have to wait till I have the strength back to be able to work on it.
                      Lots of exercise (more than when I wasn't broken) and a bit of pain
                      Chris Raith

Comment

Keep at it, Chris, and keep your vision focused on being better every day than you were the day before. Your mind and outlook can have an enormous effect on how the rest of your body reacts and recovers.
                        Ken Talbot

Comment

OUCH!!!

Christian...glad to hear you're doing better...but that rehab stuff can be a "bee-otch". I had 6 months of it ten years ago when I crushed my hand (almost lost it...7000 lbs fell on it). I feel your pain.

Hey I enjoyed the call recently. We'll talk again.

Cody

Comment

Finally got the disc from the hospital to show my hip before they fixed it. They reckon the bone at the joint exploded???

Comment

The joint now it is sort of fixed......anyone think I should try riding my daughters XT250 yet........PLEASE the car is sooooo boring and painfull

Comment

Originally posted by auxtian
                                The joint now it is sort of fixed......anyone think I should try riding my daughters XT250 yet........PLEASE the car is sooooo boring and painfull
                                Might be good therapy. You have to build confidence in them old bones before you even think about doing battle with the car-people. Plus dirt bikes are great exercise. I was caught once riding around with my leg, in a cast, strapped to the bike. But hell, it felt good to be motivating again.

Cheers and luck to you.
                                XS1100SF
                                XS1100F

Comment

Working...
                                X