Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Challenge...

*throwing down the gauntlet*

Inspired by the talented E. Liberty... I would like to see what the rest of the crew here can do with image altering programs (LSD doesn't count).

Where can you place your ride (with or without a rider) using whatever creative resources you have? Please... no help from your kids. You have to do this on your own.

I know many of you are as talented with a keyboard and mouse as you are with a wrench... have fun and get XSive.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Unmanned flight

Geez Prometheus... seeing your pictures in the other thread... makes me wonder what you are capable of with today's programs.
    Pretty impressive... and time consuming!
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Wow!

O.K! Yes it is time consuming, and my "XSive Surfer" was done as a Digital Photo Class project: it took a couple of hours.
      The only reason I'm posting so often right now is because work is slow.
      I notice you post in the wee hours of the morning. I thought my wife was a night owel! Do you work night shift somewhere or what?
      Anyway, nice work!
      E.Liberty
      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Eye of the beholder

Thanks E Liberty! I had never played with this program much until you posted your pic... John may never get to the computer again I'm having so much fun with it! As for the wee hour postings... well... it's about the only time I can get uninterrupted quiet time around here.

Here is my bike...

tommystinson... I'm still waiting to see your contribution to this thread
        81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

"A worthy challenge"

You've got to be kidding me, Wildkat! I can't compete with the talents, here. (especially, in color)
          Oh... I have ideas a'plenty... (but start vacation in two days so it may be awhile before time presents itself)
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

My first entry

Hows about an XS in a bottle.
            1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

Comment

Manned Launch

DZ
              Vyger, 'F'
              "The Special", 'SF'
              '08 FJR1300

Comment

These are great!

We should send these to Yamaha, a bike mag, or get them printed and have an exibit somewhere!
                E.Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

No Doubt!

Love them both!
                  Dennyz... how in the world did you get a shot like that? Photographer on the roof?
                  VERY cool!

As for the XS in the bottle... I was still trying to figure out the whole ship thing... now I have to figure out the XS too. It's hard enough trying to rebuild things while the engine is still in the frame... much less trying to squeeze it all through a small hole.
                  81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Entry #2

Here's an XS1100 that ANYONE can ride. Even if you can't reach the bars or pegs.

1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

Comment

I LOVE carousels!

It was always my favorite ride... because it had horses... now it's motorcycles... because they have more horses.

VERY cool!
                      81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

No more takers?
                        1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

Comment

Time

Photoshop is very time consuming. There may be more takers yet! I have another, but business, money, reality are chaseing me. A-a-a-a-a-a-a-g-h!!!
                          Even my muse has been intimidated into submission!
                          E. Liberty

Comment

Image Editing

I use "GIMP for Windows". It a freely distributed product from the GNU folks.

GNU Image Manipulation Program

I find it to be a very powerful software package.
                            DZ
                            Vyger, 'F'
                            "The Special", 'SF'
                            '08 FJR1300

Comment

Toknight... toknight

Joust horsing around

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X