X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A portrait, for your amusement.

[IMG]
    It's na a skirt, it's a Kilt!!!
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

"So wrong... on so many different levels."

Simple rules to live by:
    Never bother the guy in the bar, sitting there crying in his beer.
    Don't mock a man wielding a broad sword, regardless of how much you really want to.
    (A Claymore, I believe, 18th century, yes?)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

LOOK OUT!!!!

WHO CARES WHAT CENTURY..GET BACK!!
      BOYZSBLUE [ LEON ]

1980-XS1100SG

BOYZSBLUE@HOTMAIL.COM

Comment

What I want to know is if its possible to ride an XS in a Kilt.

I ask because I too own one... except mine is a Utility Kilt, and is slightly more practical for everyday usage.
        Kristoffer
        "Take apart yer carbs!"
        1978 XS1100E - "The Maroon Baboon" (SOLD)
        1979 XS1100 (3 of them) in the garage. Not deserving of names yet.

Comment

Originally posted by knewsom

I ask because I too own one... except mine is a Utility Kilt, and is slightly more practical for everyday usage.
          sure it is and if your'e on a xs you will need the power
          "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
          History
          85 Yamaha FJ 1100
          79 yamaha xs1100f
          03 honda cbr 600 f4
          91 yamaha fzr 600
          84 yamaha fj 1100
          82 yamaha seca 750
          87 yamaha fazer
          86 yamaha maxim x
          82 yamaha vision
          78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

various reply's

Yes it is a claymore, don't know the ventage: I borrowed it for the purpose of this photo. It is my kilt, however.

I have a Utilikilt too. I sometimes wear it about the house on hot Summer nights when I've laid in a supply of scotch and ale. The downside (?) is my wife won't keep her hands off of me because she knows I like to go "Regimental!"

Sure, you can wear a kilt and ride any bike. Not practical though. Unless of course ye happen to be an exibitionist.
            I ride to the Games, pack my kilt, and put it on over my pants, then take my pants off.

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

NOT if the seat is black...and you live in the Texas sun....
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer
              Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
              Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

I ride to the Games, pack my kilt, and put it on over my pants, then take my pants off.
                Yes, the best games are played with one's pants off. Like nude "Twister", or naked "Leap-Frog".
                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Re: various reply's

Originally posted by E.Liberty
                  Yes it is a claymore, don't know the ventage: I borrowed it for the purpose of this photo. It is my kilt, however.

I have a Utilikilt too. I sometimes wear it about the house on hot Summer nights when I've laid in a supply of scotch and ale. The downside (?) is my wife won't keep her hands off of me because she knows I like to go "Regimental!"

Sure, you can wear a kilt and ride any bike. Not practical though. Unless of course ye happen to be an exibitionist.
                  I've got the workman's Utilikilt, it's got modesty snaps, but I'm REALLY CURIOUS to see how ridin' a bike would work. I think I'll probably use your method, however, of changing into the kilt AT the event.

Now all I need to know is how to sport a 15th Century Claymore on an XS, and I'll be set...

(actually, being that I play a Japanese persona in the SCA, it's more along the lines of how do I tout a Nodachi on an XS, but now we're just talking symmantics)
                  Kristoffer
                  "Take apart yer carbs!"
                  1978 XS1100E - "The Maroon Baboon" (SOLD)
                  1979 XS1100 (3 of them) in the garage. Not deserving of names yet.

Comment

The Scotsman's Kilt
                    (Mike Cross - who I hope forgives me for the hacking of his song)

A Scotsman clad in kilt sat on his XS fair
                    And one could tell by how he sat it was warmer than he cared
                    He moved around until he could finally keep his seat
                    Then rumbled off down the drive to ride into the street.

chorus:
                    Ring ding diddle diddle i de o
                    Ring di diddle i o
                    He rumbled of down the drive to ride into the street.

Later on two young and lovely girls just happened by,
                    And one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye
                    You see yon riding Scotsman who is young and handsome built
                    I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt.

Ring di diddle i o
                    I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt.

They crept up to the riding Scotsman waiting at a light
                    Then lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see the sight
                    And there behold for them to view beneath his Scottish skirt
                    Was nothing but what God had graced him with upon his birth

Ring di diddle i o
                    There was nothing there but what God gave upon his birth

They marveled for a moment then one said “we'd best be gone”
                    But they left a present for the man before they moved along
                    They took a blue silk ribbon and they tied it in a bow
                    And placed it ‘neath the Scot's lifted kilt on what it clearly showed

Ring di diddle i o
                    Around the bonnie spar that the Scot's lifted kilt did show

The Scotsman sat and pondered what had happened in the while
                    and rode off on his Yamaha having gone about a mile
                    Then finally in a proud voice he says to what's between his thighs
                    He said, "I thought it was the bike they liked but it’s I who won first prize!"

Ring di diddle i o
                    He said, "I thought it was the bike they liked but it’s I who won first prize!"

I've never ridden in a kilt... but I have worn a skirt when riding. Usually with shorts beneath... but there are times when you throw caution to the wind... among other things.
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

In response to the bard

Knewsom: o.k. here’s the trip. When ye sit on yer bike ye tuck the front of yer kilt underneath yer family jewels. Then the backside must be secured as well. And ye must remember to not rise up for speed bumps, and potholes, otherwize ye will give away the answere to that age auld riddle: what does a Scottsman wear beneath his kilt? The answere, of course, is “there’s nothing worn beneath the kilt: it’s all in perfect working order!”

Wildcat: I checked yer profile and wouldn’t ye know it? It wouldn’t tell me if ye were a lad or a lass ! PC = BS I suspect the latter, but thank ye in any event. Yer poem was a hoot!

Comment

Wildkat is a Lass, and John is the one who gets to heed her beck and call. But then, the little kats alway's seem to be in the way.
                        Ray
                        Ray Matteis
                        KE6NHG
                        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Aye... a lass

I... a lass...

Glad you enjoyed the poem... I certainly enjoyed your pic... William Wallace would be proud.

As for John being at my beck and call, Ray... not so certain that is the case... I'll reserve further comment about being his beck and call girl.
                          (and you learn to adapt when there are kittens around... thank goodness for days off when they are in school)
                          81 SH Something Special
                          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

Re: various reply's

Originally posted by E.Liberty
                            Yes it is a claymore, don't know the ventage: I borrowed it for the purpose of this photo.
                            I don't really think anyone is as interested in the sword as they idea riding an XS with kilt to the wind ... but I figured I'd throw my little bit of knowledge in on this one.

The sword is actually a replica of the Robert the Bruce claymore, circa 1320ish. The two features that lead me to this conclusion is the pummel and the guard. This sword should be approx 56 inches in length and about 25-35 lbs.

Kinda makes you understand the look in his eyes, lol.
                            ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                            '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Re: Re: various reply's

Now all I need to know is how to sport a 15th Century Claymore on an XS, and I'll be set...
                              Same way I do ... strap that puppy to your back. I made my out of a few scrap strips of leather. Throw it over my right shoulder to my left hip, hook it to my belt ... and slide the claymore in!!! That way, it rides against your back, with the tip off to the left of your seat.

Now, if SWMBO is riding with ... you'd be stabbing her left thigh with the tip ... but that's a different issue all together.
                              ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                              '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Working...
                              X