New motorcycle for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New motorcycle for me

Okay, so I've got two threads going about new motorcycles. One for my wife, and one for me...not trying to be a post wh*re.

First, I will never sell my XJ1100 unless for medical reasons (missing leg, broken back, cancer, etc.) I can no longer ride ANY motorocycle. That said, I'd like to have a second bike to ride while I've got the XJ upside down in the garage for the transmission fix, and as a "spare" bike for a friend that wants to go out for a ride.

Here's what I'm thinking...V-Max. I have always wanted one, and will never pass one without staring longingly. I know it won't be as "plush" as my XJ, but I'd like to own one even if it's only for a brief period. Have any of you owned one? Was it a good experience for you (owning it)?

Let me know.

Robert
    XJ1100 - Stock
    XV750 - POS parts bike

funny you should mention vmax...

I'm working on convincing the wife that I need one as my ride while I get my sf running. They are nice rides and they fit me (5'8") perfectly. I'd say go for it...

My $.02, your milage may vary, void where prohibited by law...

Clark

Comment

Go for it!!!

The Vmax is the king of the muscle bikes in my opinion. Any bike that can wheelie at 60 mph is Ok with me. If you can afford it go for it. I think the Vmax will be very collectable in the fucture and prices will probally be going up. So it is a fun ride and also an investment. Look at other bikes like the Kz900 and Cb750. Who would have ever thought that these bikes would be bringing $5,000.00++++ for original good condition units. You can't go wrong!!!!
      Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Never owned one, rode a couple of them. Including one that had been "worked" over. Sheer brute horsepower in a package that has only one function in life, to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time with no respect for fossil fuels. The stocker I rode was absolutley awsome. The worked rig put eyeball prints on my faceshield. A true muscle bike just like the XS11, but faster!!! The V-Max is getting old and the crop of new power cruisers is close to acheiving the same performance, so I see it slipping away soon. Get one while you can.
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Have to disagree with you Webb. The V-Max is a powerhouse that is here to stay. There is no other stock muscle bike like it on the planet. I think that bike should come with seat belts!! BTW, if you think it is slipping away, just what bikes do you think can surpass the V-Max?
          Yamaha Believer

Jack of all trades - Master of none

79 XS1100, Macho Maroon
          80 XS1100, came and gone
          80 XS650 Special, friends for years
          86 XV1100, putt-around-town bike

Comment

Triumph rocket III, honda X11, Yamaha MT-01, Suzuki Stratosphere, etc...

BTW: AFAIK v-max is no longer in production.
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

There are some bikes out there now that could give a VMax a run, but close dosen't count in 1/4 mile times. The Vmax isn't slipping away because no one likes it, its a matter or corporate economics. I don't know what percentage of sales the VMax pulls in but I would bet its pretty small. The VMax is a mission specific scooter, pure street legal stoplight king. The VMax engine is exclusive to the VMax and the bean counters at Yahama are going axe it at some point. Kinda like GM axeing the camero/firebird line.There is a '07 model but I don't give it much hope of surviving much longer. That is sad. But not unlike the XS11, there is a select group of riders that know what they have and will keep the species alive.
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
              X