San Francisco trip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco trip...

I was thinking I would see a post here about our trip to San Francisco. 1253 miles for me, but I came back a different way than Mason did. Fact of the matter is, I have called both his numbers and got no answer. I wonder now if he made it OK. Breakfast at Alice's Resturant and riding the local canyon roads with a nice trip up the coast on Cal Hwy 1 was the highlight of the trip for me. Did some city exploration and eating in in Chinatown, though we had Mexican food. Go figure!!!
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

San Fran Ride

Hey Dude-
    Alices Resturant is in my neck-of-the-woods. Shoulda let me know: we coulda gone for a putt. I know these back roads like my drive way!
    E. Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

yeah e liberty i posted the trip about a week ago and diverray responed with some directions and i followed it, me and dick had a blast, i think saturday we were racing a porsche turbo, and it couldn't get us on the roll on, every time about 6 times and a 350zx joined us up the 101 to frisco, man if we were busted we would have sat in jail for a long time.

darn bike loves to run what a great machine, dick love's to ride,and ride away, a bit much for me though, i want to sight see some more but, you can't change a person, my gps would give out wrong signals and was not all that nimble, and dick was not happy about that.
      all in all great. trip..
      "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
      History
      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
      79 yamaha xs1100f
      03 honda cbr 600 f4
      91 yamaha fzr 600
      84 yamaha fj 1100
      82 yamaha seca 750
      87 yamaha fazer
      86 yamaha maxim x
      82 yamaha vision
      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

He made it...

Well, I see Mason made it after all. I was really wondering if he was road splat.

Alice's, Mason in red jacket by bikes

San Francisco from Mason's friend's balcony
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Yada Yada

Nice pics!
          Guess I should check the forum page more closely.
          I've been trying to organize the Tahoe Rally, subscribed to that thread and didn't catch yer post reguarding yer S.F. trip. Too bad. We coulda had some fun! Ah well. Next time yer up this way message me direct. Me casa su casa.
          By th' by, I've gotten one to many speeding tickets. I've pasted a "note to self" on my speedo from 70 to 160 sez "slow down!!!"
          They do like to go fast don't they?
          E.Liberty
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
          X