Trying Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Pics

not sure how this will turn out, trying to figure out resize format.
    "Elvira"
    '80 XS1100LG

Well, That didn't work out! Try-Try-Again----------Tommorrow. It's late!
    "Elvira"
    '80 XS1100LG

Comment

Looking GOOD

Very nice.
      What did you use for the gold???

mro
      btw
      1024/768 gives great detail
      640/480 fits on page and still looks good

Comment

.. lookin good!
        i like the gold also. is the fuel tank going to have a stripe down the middle also?

Comment

Hey 80Mdnt11,

See, that wasn't too hard, you got very close. That photo is about 1024pix wide, you want to have it down to about 640. What I didn't included in my instructions was about FIRST cropping the photo down to exclude the unwanted edges, but PAINT doesn't do this very easily, whereas some of your other photoeditting programs that you may have gotten with your camera may to that easier!?

The bike looks awesome, great stripe accent on the fender. And yes, please tell us what you used for the gold. Did you use it on the airbox, and the wheels as well? Is there a matching striped on the rear fender! Can't wait to see the finished work!!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

"Damn... nothing to pick on!"

(T.C., Did you see the clean and organized garage? Who's he think he is? I think this member should be banned until he gets in line with the rest of us.)
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I think just because of the fact of the garage being so clean.... that we should pick on him!

I did see those carbs over there on the bench... painted black with the gold tops.... those will look sharp on there! Are they painted or powder coated?

Tod
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Also..... with that thing all nice and shiny, along with the back tire, that front tire looks terrible! No Armorall or anything! I would be ashamed to even show this picture on here with it looking like that!
                Seriously.... very very nice looking ride. I would be scared to ride something like that... might have to go through a strip of dirty water on the road... then hours cleaning it back up! lol.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

Side Scroling

Ok let's see where to start? Borrowed son's dig. cam. Daughter stopped by to visit at just the right time! (for me anyway ) Helped me/showed me how to on upload @ photodump, and from there tried to run with it after reading TC'S how to a few times. (yes, I addmitt still figuring all this stuff out!)
                  Try to resize on dump site on px, dosen't seem to make diff.? Explored paint crop, went to 50% and that's what you see? Will explore/experiment more later.
                  As you can see in pic. Kart racing chassis in background. Went on road trip this morn.with bro.-in-law for him to buy newer chassis. ( Got me up @ 6:00 a.m. on a Sunday! )We agreed to run special races at local track this year. One in three weeks other this fall. Having trouble pulling myself off 11 project!!!!
                  OK, Enough suspence. The Gold, beleive it or not is rust-oleum laqure ratt. can. Now I can't take credit/critic for fender, tank & side covers. That was about the only good thing I got out of this purchase!!! Used paint stripper on grab bar, air box covers & bezels. Rough sand, primmer, WET sand ( 800*/2000*) two coats paint, two coats lac. gloss clear. Not sure how durability will be? Was going to try transparent gold powder coating, it is available. Thing is you have to order bulk amount, use very little. May try later.
                  Prom, As for the org. garrage I can Mess it up a bit, post pic. (would that be OK?) Please, Please DON'T BAN ME, got alittle ways to go yet!
                  Thanks for all your'e support and help!!
                  Jim
                  "Elvira"
                  '80 XS1100LG

Comment

Xsive garage

hard to see, but there's an 80G in there, I hope

mro

Comment

C'mon guy's I gotta get to my messy garage! Runnin' in & out for something to drink, Messin' up that garage is hard Work!
                      Mro, I hope it's the same size as the pocket-rocket in my pic. (the grandson's ride!)
                      "Elvira"
                      '80 XS1100LG

Comment

MRO, you are a packrat my friend... how do you stand to live with yourself!?!? (Had to look a couple times to make sure that wasn't a pic of MY garage!)

"I know we haven't used that in 8 years Honey, but we might... "

Never fails... as soon as I do toss something out... next week I need it.

Mdnt, you ever see that video of the kart with the 1100 motor on it? *Hint hint... lol

Tod

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

Rat pack

Actually, almost nothing in the pic is mine

left side out of pic, floor to ceiling 12" oak shelves (mine)
                          All the other cr@p in there is being stored for a friend
                          It's even worse than in pic.

At least my garage floor is carpeted.
                          Course ya can't see it or walk on it right now

mro

Comment

What is the "garage" think you are all talking about? I have a roof with two walls that I park the XS under. The beast is parked in the weather, waiting to be driven once again! If I hade a space with four walls, and a big door, is that a garage???
                            Ray
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG
                            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

"garage" what you probably already new

the word probably did not exist before the 19th century and certainly not before the 18th; possibly the thing itself did not exist before the end of the 19th century. Our word is a direct borrowing of French garage, which is first recorded in 1802 in the sense “place where one docks.” The verb garer, from which garage was derived, originally meant “to put merchandise under shelter,” then “to moor a boat,” and then “to put a vehicle into a place for safekeeping,” that is, a garage, a sense first recorded in French in 1901. English almost immediately borrowed this French word, the first instance being found in 1902.

btw
                              hope we didn't scare 80mdnt11 off
                              Have not seen any new pics from him

btw-2
                              no DiverRay,
                              that's called a "car port", would you like me to post the definition for that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X