Electric shift FJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric shift FJR

When the first FJR was released the hair stood up on my arms and I got short of breath. Here was a rig that embodied everthing I wanted in a bike, and it was a Yamaha!!! Speed, power, good looks and comfort. When recent issues of Rider and Cycle World showed up with road tests on the new FJR, I dutifully headed for the library. WTF, no clutch?!!! Shift by wire? My first thought went back to my first ride on a 750 Hondamatic. About as inspiring as riding a chopped CB350. Reading on, it seems the Yamaha has figured out how to do this and still have performance and some semblance of sportiness. Looks like a marvel of engineering and a true headache if it ever breaks. In summation, shift by wire might fit for some riders but I prefer to do all the work myself. Linked braking has been around for years also and on this technical marvel I am still undecided, my only exposure to this was a hour long ride on a late model K1200, sure did stop good. I was happy to see most of the nits and picks had been addressed on the new FJR, especially the heat issue. The FJR is still on my wish list, and soon as I finish paying off braces for my young lass, there should be some on the used market I can afford, but be assurd I will look for one with a clutch lever. A nice silver one sure would look nice next to my trusty XS.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

I couldn't agree more and I sure wish Yamaha would give us here in North America the option to buy the XJR1300.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
    X