Poker Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Run

Hey Ohio XS'ers! (Indiana, Michigan and Kentucky too) My Knights of Columbus Council is holding our 1st Annual Father Chris Poker Run ever this month and just wanted to get the word out.

It's on July 22nd, gathering time at 10 AM, riders out around 11. So far 8 stops, including the Air Force Museum, some watering holes and a bunch of fun "Distractors". Bikes back in around 4 PM and awards and dinner to follow. Ad Hoc run with two routes hitting the same stops from different directions. Or if you like, wing it and strike out on your own.

Cost is $20 per bike and extra trip cards will be $10. Proceeds benefit the Wright State University Catholic Campus Chapel Fund and the Fairborn Women's Network.

Father Chris was a local priest who spearheaded the annual Blessing of the Bikes here in Dayton. He passed away unexpectedly this year and we are trying to honor him by riding for causes he supported.

The Hall is at 78 Old Yellow Springs Rd
    Fairborn, Ohio

Just off of 675 at the Dayton - Yellow Springs Exit. Turn

Pre-register by contacting me at genegysin@aol.com

Thanks Guys, hope to see you there. By the way, bring any Harley Riders you know, they can gather and commiserate on being smoked by a 25 year plus old Jap bike.
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

IF I can get there in time, I'd like to make it. My Ex wife has friends who live in Yellow Springs. I was there about 15 years ago with the family...
    Need to paint/fix daily ride before the 15th.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ray,

If you've been to Yellow Springs, then you know why it's on the list of "Distractors"... Neat place, different, but neat...
      Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
      78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
      02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

I agree about Yellowsprings, Rod Serling graduated from Antioch Colege, which is there. If you want one of the best milkshakes around stop at Youngs Jersey Dairy. It in 68 just north of their. Just be ready to wait in line.
        78E ... Gone but not forgotten
        2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Working...
        X