Queen for a day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen for a day.

When I had heard that the rock band QUEEN had Paul Rodgers join their band to be their singer, I about cried!!

Then I just saw them on VH1 tonight, and it was horrible! They sound more like Bad Co. doing "BAD" covers of Queen songs.

I know it's cheesy, but I think Queen should have done like what INXS did, and hold auditions for singers, they probably could have found someone that at least sounded a bit like Freddie Mercury!

I don't go to concerts, but I definitely wouldn't go to see them with "him" as their front man!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Yeah, I heard about a concert this year with Def Lepard and Journey. I saw Journey as a kid and wanted to see them again, but found out it's not Steve Perry singing for them. Anyone can play the instruments and play the songs, but it's that lead singer that makes a band.
    On the flip side of that... anyone heard Guns and Roses recently? They sound TERRIBLE from what I saw of it. Axl in dredlocks... with too much facial surgery. He doesn't even look like the same guy.... do I smell a conspiracy? Is this why it took them so long to make this new album??!?! lol. Go back to the Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle days... play hard and have fun.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Like when Curly had his stroke and they brought in Shemp. Actually, that wasn't too bad,as he had his own thing going on. But when he left and they brought in Joe Besser and then Joe DiRita... it was all over!
      Is this sort of the same thing?
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

But when he left and they brought in Joe Besser and then Joe DiRita...
        I forgot... what songs did they sing??

I'm off tomorrow night to see Poison and Cinderella. I saw Cinderella last year and they sound fantastic... 'course they've had 20 years to work on their stuff! lol. Poison finally got all the original members back. We saw several people from 80's bands last year... Ratt, Quiet Riot, etc.... It was pretty funny to see all these guys. In the 80's it was long hair and makeup... now they looked like balding accountants. LOL

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

It's almost as impossible to fill the shoes of someone as distcintive as Freddie Mercury. I haven't heard them with the new singer and have no desire to.

I saw Queen live about 100 years ago. For a poofter Freddy really knew how to sing about fat-bottomed girls. Gotta give the man his due. I play that song really loud when the SWMBO is getting on my nerves.

Comment

Working...
          X